cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally!! Approved for Cap One Cash Rewards!

tag
dre180
Established Member

Finally!! Approved for Cap One Cash Rewards!

Hey All,

First off I'd like to thank this great community for helping me find my way after a very long and ardous climb to rebuilding my credit! I've spent a LOT of time repairing, removing negs from my CR. It has helped me immensely. Not long ago my scores were in the low 600's. Today my median score is a 730. I am still in rebuilder mode, but with my scores was always depressed about the fact I could not get approved for a regular unsecured card. I took some great advice from some members here learning how to eventually get an unsecured. Even though my CR is almost completely clean (one CO from hsbc about 5 years ago which was paid, and only shows on experian) I opened up a walmart card, and a cap one secured. This was about a month ago. I was also told to open a BoA secured as well to have 3 active cards showing on my CR, and hopefully after a year i would be in a good position once again to get prime bank approval.

While I was set to apply for the BoA secured tonight, something came over me. I know they put a HP on your report even for the secured. I said since that's the case maybe i should try for an unsecured. Now I know i'm not at the point where the prime banks would likey give me an approval (Chase, Amex etc) so I decided to take a risk on the Cap one cash back card. Credit Karma showed I was very likely to get approved so I bit the bullet and tried. It was a risk and I did not think I would be approved, but to my surprise I was, with a $500 CL. Nothing special, but it's a start! Thanks to this wonderful community. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: Finally!! Approved for Cap One Cash Rewards!

Congrats on the unsecured card! Smiley Happy

Treat your cards well and you'll have a portfolio in no time.  

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 2 of 6
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Congrats. Enjoy the card!

Message 3 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Congrats, 

I love my cash rewards card, rewards post instantly. 

Remember to check out perk central to get up to 15% bonus cash back Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 6
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Cheers to your new card.  Love the instant cash rewards G.L. on your CC journey well on your way to awesomoe cards.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.