Reply
Contributor
firesoul453
Posts: 147
Registered: ‎08-24-2012
0

Re: Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!


LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

But I have to ask, why even bring up the email if your not willing to PM people that need it? I'm sure you would want it on the flip side.

I mentioned it because it was relevent to the story, and its show people whats possible. (back in the day, I though whatever CL you get is what you get forever until you appy for a new card lol)

The main reason is that the email is just something I though of and worked. Pretty sure I've seen people taking about it in other capital one topics. 

If someone really needed it, a little bit of thinking and seaching  can probalby find it, but people who just want an easy way out won't be willing to put in that effort, and so won't abuse the email.

PLus I didn't want a million PMs.

 

But thanks! I was really mad after the exeuctive number didn't even work! I was really going to never use Cap1 for anything again if this didn't work!

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Regular Contributor
Tran92
Posts: 217
Registered: ‎09-25-2012
0

Re: Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!

I can't believe I got denied for their journey card. But Congrats on the cli ! (:
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+






Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!


firesoul453 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

But I have to ask, why even bring up the email if your not willing to PM people that need it? I'm sure you would want it on the flip side.

I mentioned it because it was relevent to the story, and its show people whats possible. (back in the day, I though whatever CL you get is what you get forever until you appy for a new card lol)

The main reason is that the email is just something I though of and worked. Pretty sure I've seen people taking about it in other capital one topics. 

If someone really needed it, a little bit of thinking and seaching  can probalby find it, but people who just want an easy way out won't be willing to put in that effort, and so won't abuse the email.

PLus I didn't want a million PMs.

 

But thanks! I was really mad after the exeuctive number didn't even work! I was really going to never use Cap1 for anything again if this didn't work!


:smileyvery-happy:

 

ok i guess. I just think thats just unneeded to put that out there if you didnt intend to help, thats what this forum is for, helping others. Not bragging about it pretty much and saying "search for that needle in the haystack". Just my two cents, no offense.

 

 

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
JonStur
Posts: 905
Registered: ‎12-25-2010
0

Re: Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!


LS2982 wrote:

firesoul453 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

But I have to ask, why even bring up the email if your not willing to PM people that need it? I'm sure you would want it on the flip side.

I mentioned it because it was relevent to the story, and its show people whats possible. (back in the day, I though whatever CL you get is what you get forever until you appy for a new card lol)

The main reason is that the email is just something I though of and worked. Pretty sure I've seen people taking about it in other capital one topics. 

If someone really needed it, a little bit of thinking and seaching  can probalby find it, but people who just want an easy way out won't be willing to put in that effort, and so won't abuse the email.

PLus I didn't want a million PMs.

 

But thanks! I was really mad after the exeuctive number didn't even work! I was really going to never use Cap1 for anything again if this didn't work!


:smileyvery-happy:

 

ok i guess. I just think thats just unneeded to put that out there if you didnt intend to help, thats what this forum is for, helping others. Not bragging about it pretty much and saying "search for that needle in the haystack". Just my two cents, no offense.

 

 

 


+1000. It is the OP's right to feel the way they do, but they do kind of come across as mean spirited. 


Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Regular Contributor
charyot77
Posts: 237
Registered: ‎06-21-2010
0

Re: Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!


JonStur wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

firesoul453 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

But I have to ask, why even bring up the email if your not willing to PM people that need it? I'm sure you would want it on the flip side.

I mentioned it because it was relevent to the story, and its show people whats possible. (back in the day, I though whatever CL you get is what you get forever until you appy for a new card lol)

The main reason is that the email is just something I though of and worked. Pretty sure I've seen people taking about it in other capital one topics. 

If someone really needed it, a little bit of thinking and seaching  can probalby find it, but people who just want an easy way out won't be willing to put in that effort, and so won't abuse the email.

PLus I didn't want a million PMs.

 

But thanks! I was really mad after the exeuctive number didn't even work! I was really going to never use Cap1 for anything again if this didn't work!


:smileyvery-happy:

 

ok i guess. I just think thats just unneeded to put that out there if you didnt intend to help, thats what this forum is for, helping others. Not bragging about it pretty much and saying "search for that needle in the haystack". Just my two cents, no offense.

 

 

 


+1000. It is the OP's right to feel the way they do, but they do kind of come across as mean spirited. 


I disagree just a smidge. This forum is great for helping people but finding some of this information takes a minimal amount of research! 

Even in that long Capital One Executive Office thread, the phone number has been posted, yet people still continue to ask "can someone please PM me or post the number?".  

 

I'm considering emailing the Capital One Exec Office and I managed to figure out the email by doing a google search and putting two and two together. It took all but 10 minutes.  Maybe that slight barrier to entry will disuade people who don't have the self-control to wait for their cards to age a bit more (i.e. people who've had Cap One cards for a year or less).

 

 

Established Contributor
masscredit
Posts: 721
Registered: ‎07-17-2012
0

Re: Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!

I posted in the Exeuctive number thread a little while ago. I got shot down by calling that number tonight. Not because of my account, just that they are reviewing their CLI proceedures. Maybe it depends who you talk to? I was very surprized when they didn't offer me anything.  In my head I was thinking about how much I was going to ask for when she came back on the line.

 


|****$6000****|****$6000*****|****$4500*****|****$2500****|****$1600****|****$3000****|******$750******|*****$700*****|
EX - 651 (MyFico 06/05/14) TU - 662 (Barclay 08/05/14 ) EQ 04 - 699 (DCU -07/26/14) EQ 08 - 686 (MyFico -08/09/14)
Contributor
firesoul453
Posts: 147
Registered: ‎08-24-2012
0

Re: Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!


charyot77 wrote:

JonStur wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

firesoul453 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

But I have to ask, why even bring up the email if your not willing to PM people that need it? I'm sure you would want it on the flip side.

I mentioned it because it was relevent to the story, and its show people whats possible. (back in the day, I though whatever CL you get is what you get forever until you appy for a new card lol)

The main reason is that the email is just something I though of and worked. Pretty sure I've seen people taking about it in other capital one topics. 

If someone really needed it, a little bit of thinking and seaching  can probalby find it, but people who just want an easy way out won't be willing to put in that effort, and so won't abuse the email.

PLus I didn't want a million PMs.

 

But thanks! I was really mad after the exeuctive number didn't even work! I was really going to never use Cap1 for anything again if this didn't work!


:smileyvery-happy:

 

ok i guess. I just think thats just unneeded to put that out there if you didnt intend to help, thats what this forum is for, helping others. Not bragging about it pretty much and saying "search for that needle in the haystack". Just my two cents, no offense.

 

 

 


+1000. It is the OP's right to feel the way they do, but they do kind of come across as mean spirited. 


I disagree just a smidge. This forum is great for helping people but finding some of this information takes a minimal amount of research! 

Even in that long Capital One Executive Office thread, the phone number has been posted, yet people still continue to ask "can someone please PM me or post the number?".  

 

I'm considering emailing the Capital One Exec Office and I managed to figure out the email by doing a google search and putting two and two together. It took all but 10 minutes.  Maybe that slight barrier to entry will disuade people who don't have the self-control to wait for their cards to age a bit more (i.e. people who've had Cap One cards for a year or less).

 

 


I'd have to agree with this guy lol. 

But ya, its quite easy once you see it.

 

But anway my main point was all those people who called the exeutive number got denied still have a chance.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Frequent Contributor
jd5189
Posts: 470
Registered: ‎08-14-2012
0

Re: Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!

At what point is CRAP1 going to just simply say, "We do not and never will give a credit line increase. You get what you got when we approved the card" I mean really, there are hundreds if not thousands of posts about how people have been denied for CLI's yet only a handful of people that we successful. It would save everyone a headache and trouble if they just change their policy rather than continually give their customers (((YOU KNOW.... THE ONES THAT ARE KEEPING YOU IN BUSINESS))) the usual ambiguous answer you have all heard so many times. Jumping through loop holes, calling this exec assistant, getting the janitor's phone number who is cool with the assistant who knows Mary who is the CEO's personal assistiant is really crazy. I mean, why give the option to ask for a CLI if 99.9% of the time you are going to deny it on a normal base. I mean, maybe people like the challenge but I couldn't be bothered.

I have really considered applying for a  CRAP1 card simply for the no FTF when I travel abroad. I know I would be approved. But, hearing about this company makes me want to rather pay the FTF than not. 

In my wallet: Amex PRG & Zync, Amex BCE (19.2k), Chase Freedom (5k), PSECU Visa/PSL (20k)
Current Scores: Equifax: 738 (Fako) TransUnion: 721 (Fico) Experian: 717 (Fico)
Disclaimer: I am by no means a financial advisor. My posts are based on opinion, experience, and/or knowledge.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+