cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!

tag
firesoul453
Contributor

Re: Finally! CLI from cap1! Final desperate attempt worked!

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

But I have to ask, why even bring up the email if your not willing to PM people that need it? I'm sure you would want it on the flip side.

I mentioned it because it was relevent to the story, and its show people whats possible. (back in the day, I though whatever CL you get is what you get forever until you appy for a new card lol)

The main reason is that the email is just something I though of and worked. Pretty sure I've seen people taking about it in other capital one topics. 

If someone really needed it, a little bit of thinking and seaching  can probalby find it, but people who just want an easy way out won't be willing to put in that effort, and so won't abuse the email.

PLus I didn't want a million PMs.

But thanks! I was really mad after the exeuctive number didn't even work! I was really going to never use Cap1 for anything again if this didn't work!

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 11 of 18
Tran92
Regular Contributor

I can't believe I got denied for their journey card. But Congrats on the cli ! (:
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 12 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@firesoul453 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

But I have to ask, why even bring up the email if your not willing to PM people that need it? I'm sure you would want it on the flip side.

I mentioned it because it was relevent to the story, and its show people whats possible. (back in the day, I though whatever CL you get is what you get forever until you appy for a new card lol)

The main reason is that the email is just something I though of and worked. Pretty sure I've seen people taking about it in other capital one topics. 

If someone really needed it, a little bit of thinking and seaching  can probalby find it, but people who just want an easy way out won't be willing to put in that effort, and so won't abuse the email.

But thanks! I was really mad after the exeuctive number didn't even work! I was really going to never use Cap1 for anything again if this didn't work!

Smiley Very Happy

ok i guess. I just think thats just unneeded to put that out there if you didnt intend to help, thats what this forum is for, helping others. Not bragging about it pretty much and saying "search for that needle in the haystack". Just my two cents, no offense.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 18
JonStur
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@firesoul453 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

Smiley Very Happy

ok i guess. I just think thats just unneeded to put that out there if you didnt intend to help, thats what this forum is for, helping others. Not bragging about it pretty much and saying "search for that needle in the haystack". Just my two cents, no offense.

+1000. It is the OP's right to feel the way they do, but they do kind of come across as mean spirited. 

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 14 of 18
charyot77
Regular Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@firesoul453 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

Smiley Very Happy

+1000. It is the OP's right to feel the way they do, but they do kind of come across as mean spirited. 

I disagree just a smidge. This forum is great for helping people but finding some of this information takes a minimal amount of research! 

Even in that long Capital One Executive Office thread, the phone number has been posted, yet people still continue to ask "can someone please PM me or post the number?".  

I'm considering emailing the Capital One Exec Office and I managed to figure out the email by doing a google search and putting two and two together. It took all but 10 minutes.  Maybe that slight barrier to entry will disuade people who don't have the self-control to wait for their cards to age a bit more (i.e. people who've had Cap One cards for a year or less).

Message 15 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I posted in the Exeuctive number thread a little while ago. I got shot down by calling that number tonight. Not because of my account, just that they are reviewing their CLI proceedures. Maybe it depends who you talk to? I was very surprized when they didn't offer me anything.  In my head I was thinking about how much I was going to ask for when she came back on the line.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 16 of 18
firesoul453
Contributor

@charyot77 wrote:

@JonStur wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@firesoul453 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

Smiley Very Happy

I disagree just a smidge. This forum is great for helping people but finding some of this information takes a minimal amount of research! 

Even in that long Capital One Executive Office thread, the phone number has been posted, yet people still continue to ask "can someone please PM me or post the number?".  

I'm considering emailing the Capital One Exec Office and I managed to figure out the email by doing a google search and putting two and two together. It took all but 10 minutes.  Maybe that slight barrier to entry will disuade people who don't have the self-control to wait for their cards to age a bit more (i.e. people who've had Cap One cards for a year or less).

I'd have to agree with this guy lol. 

But ya, its quite easy once you see it.

But anway my main point was all those people who called the exeutive number got denied still have a chance.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

At what point is CRAP1 going to just simply say, "We do not and never will give a credit line increase. You get what you got when we approved the card" I mean really, there are hundreds if not thousands of posts about how people have been denied for CLI's yet only a handful of people that we successful. It would save everyone a headache and trouble if they just change their policy rather than continually give their customers (((YOU KNOW.... THE ONES THAT ARE KEEPING YOU IN BUSINESS))) the usual ambiguous answer you have all heard so many times. Jumping through loop holes, calling this exec assistant, getting the janitor's phone number who is cool with the assistant who knows Mary who is the CEO's personal assistiant is really crazy. I mean, why give the option to ask for a CLI if 99.9% of the time you are going to deny it on a normal base. I mean, maybe people like the challenge but I couldn't be bothered.

I have really considered applying for a  CRAP1 card simply for the no FTF when I travel abroad. I know I would be approved. But, hearing about this company makes me want to rather pay the FTF than not. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.