Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Got Approve For AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Got Approve For AMEX

I tried twice to get that AMEX and still nothing! It's always so scary when you press the send app button. I gave up on trying to be in the AMEX club Smiley Sad . Both friends [also in college] received cards a year ago with limits of 1,000k as their first credit card & both have little credit history like me [I only have two years credit history with a score of EQ 690] - guess it's not meant to be :smileyindifferent:.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz DI Smiley Very Happy someday I'll get one.
Message 12 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratz DI Smiley Very Happy someday I'll get one.

I was declined for the same card July 8th.  When I was able to get a final adverse tradeline deleted I figured I should retry.  I was shocked when AMEX initially declined me the second time.  

I was beggining to wonder what the purpose of my having a high score, and  AMEX not approve me.

Message 13 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I tried twice to get that AMEX and still nothing! It's always so scary when you press the send app button. I gave up on trying to be in the AMEX club Smiley Sad . Both friends [also in college] received cards a year ago with limits of 1,000k as their first credit card & both have little credit history like me [I only have two years credit history with a score of EQ 690] - guess it's not meant to be :smileyindifferent:.

I was nervous about applying too.  I really didn't want another inquiry, but at the same time I really wanted an AMEX card.  I don't understand AMEX credit system.  

Message 14 of 15
monicar2009
New Contributor

Why not apply for the charge card?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.