cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Got Approved for USAA World Mastercard!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Finally Got Approved for USAA World Mastercard!!!!!

Last year I applied for USAA Platinum Mastercard and I got denied for high utilization. Yesterday, I could resist to apply for the card. I didn't need to fill out anything except household income. It came back to ask for public records (what cars did you own and where did you live (like 20yrs ago). After that, it came back the following messages:

Congratulations RON, you're approved!Smiley Surprised

You've been approved for a USAA Total Rewards World MasterCard®. Please review your summary and find out what happens next.

Summary 

Approved Credit Limit $14,400.00Smiley Very Happy

Current APRs Purchase APR

8.9% (Variable Rate)

Cash Advance and Balance Transfer APR

8.9% (Variable Rate)

Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-10-2010 10:44 AM
Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-10-2010 10:45 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Got Approved for USAA World Mastercard!!!!!

Congrats on the approval thats a nice limit and a nice rate to go with it. I cant wait to get to the point where I get those approvals. Posts like this keep me focused on the prize.
Message 2 of 5
NinComPoop
Contributor

Congrats! What were your Fico's, AAoA, Util, etc... at the time of approval?
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

NinComPoop wrote:
Congrats! What were your Fico's, AAoA, Util, etc... at the time of approval?

And even more importantly, how long have you been with USAA, and what if any other products do you have from them?

These two factors are big drivers behind USAA approvals, moreso than other lenders.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Ron1
Super Contributor

I have been with USAA as non-military member for almost a year (Feb09) and I only have checking and savings. My EQ FICO was 775 as of Dec 31. I only had 1 INQ (HSBC/RZMC) last month. AAOA: 6 yrs. The length of credit history: 12 years. Utli:4%.

I think the main reason of approval was I live where their main headquarter is (?). 

Ron. 

Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-10-2010 11:28 AM
Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-10-2010 11:29 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.