Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Got my Amex HHonors!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Finally Got my Amex HHonors!!!!

I finally got my Amex HHonors from the mail today and they only gave me $2K with 17.24% APR. The EXP FICO score (from AMEX) was 782.

Ron.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: Finally Got my Amex HHonors!!!!

If you don't mind, what were the reasons listed for offering you the higher interest rate? If someone with your score and history only gets 2k and the middle interest rate, I suspect I'm wasting my time on this card.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 19
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I got mine about 3 months ago..and I only got a $1500 Limit..But I did get 40K in HHonors points for signing up...for a free night at a Hilton...I think the only reason why I got such a low limit is..I have a bunch of other cards from Amex
Message 3 of 19
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:
If you don't mind, what were the reasons listed for offering you the higher interest rate? If someone with your score and history only gets 2k and the middle interest rate, I suspect I'm wasting my time on this card.

Amex approved me for a $2K Costco Amex  a couple of years ago. They usually don't give high CL for the credit cards.  I had too many inquiries within a year when I applied for the card.  I don't mind the high APR. I'm not planning to carry any balance on the card like my other Amex cards.  I'm glad I got the card instead of F/R. Getting approved for a charge card is easier than a credit card.

Ron.

Message 4 of 19
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I got my costco a year ago with $4900...Yes Ron your right Amex likes starting out with low limits on there credit cards...I was very surprised to get $4900 with the costco card
Message 5 of 19
Ron1
Super Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:
I got my costco a year ago with $4900...Yes Ron your right Amex likes starting out with low limits on there credit cards...I was very surprised to get $4900 with the costco card

I'm surprised  they approved me for $7800 Blue Card a couple of years ago.  I think they have tougher requirement for their co-branded cards.

Ron.

Message 6 of 19
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I also got the business Starwoods card about 2 years ago...also with a $4900 limit..I have never put in for a limit increase on any of their credit cards as I fear the F/R as well..I just pay in full with Amex and NEVER carry a balance with them..
Message 7 of 19
Ron1
Super Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:
I also got the business Starwoods card about 2 years ago...also with a $4900 limit..I have never put in for a limit increase on any of their credit cards as I fear the F/R as well..I just pay in full with Amex and NEVER carry a balance with them..

I got Simply Cash business card for $4K last year.  I use it every month for my business. I don't want to apply for another one and Amex HHonors is my last one. I don't want them to F/R. I already have too many Amex cards.

Ron.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Don't do anything to trigger a F/R. You'd rather a root canal...

Message 9 of 19
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Don't do anything to trigger a F/R. You'd rather a root canal...

Thanks!!! No, I'm not going to apply for another card. That's it.

Ron.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.