Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Got my Cap1 Auto CLI now what?

tag
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Finally Got my Cap1 Auto CLI now what?

Hey All,

So I logged into my cap1 credit card account, and noticed that my everyday (Journey) student cash rewards card with a $300 limit is now $500. I haven't contacted them to see whether they can issue me another increase; but my question is, am I now capable of requesting cli? or am I still in the steps program? Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finally Got my Cap1 Auto CLI now what?

I'm afraid that is as good as it gets.  With the credit steps program you get 1 whole CLI and that's about it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 18
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

I have to agree with Shogun. I have had my capOne since 2007 and was started of with 1,000 and have one CLI in 2009 to 3,000. Best of luck though.

Message 3 of 18
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

This is as good as it gets.  Youll be gettin better cards before youll ever get another clli.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 18
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@kpresod wrote:

Hey All,

So I logged into my cap1 credit card account, and noticed that my everyday cash rewards card with a $300 limit is now $500. I haven't contacted them to see whether they can issue me another increase; but my question is, am I now capable of requesting cli? or am I still in the steps program? Thanks in advance! 

If you lived to be a zillion years old..your credit limit would still be $500 Smiley Happy

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 5 of 18
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@kpresod wrote:

Hey All,

So I logged into my cap1 credit card account, and noticed that my everyday cash rewards card with a $300 limit is now $500. I haven't contacted them to see whether they can issue me another increase; but my question is, am I now capable of requesting cli? or am I still in the steps program? Thanks in advance! 

Get on the bandwagon, start your daily regiment of punching the "Modify Your Features" Monkey button LOL

Message 6 of 18
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Lol...geesh! well I called the Exec office, and a really nice lady is currently overlooking my account information. She said she would get back to me with some results, and told me not to worry....then she went further saying whether or not I receive a credit line increase or not she would make sure that I get some type of reward! So I guess I'll just wait it out Smiley Very Happy.

Message 7 of 18
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Good luck, but the builder/rebuilder will not grow normally. And remember, if CapOne does a HP, it will almost always be on all three cr.

If you have enough history, go for a prime card.

What other TL you have?

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 8 of 18
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

@kpresod wrote:

Lol...geesh! well I called the Exec office, and a really nice lady is currently overlooking my account information. She said she would get back to me with some results, and told me not to worry....then she went further saying whether or not I receive a credit line increase or not she would make sure that I get some type of reward! So I guess I'll just wait it out Smiley Very Happy.

see people like you who are gonna make that exec number just like any other CSR number. What makes you think you deserve a CLI? you have had this card for what 6 months? and the reason you went with cap1 is because you have no history or bad history? i know this forum is for helping people thats why i first shared the Exec number but this is not helping people! these people with no credit/bad credit feel entitle to CL's they dont deserve or cant handle. You guys are just ruining it for the people who deserve the CLI's and have proven it with years of ontime payments.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 9 of 18
kpresod
Regular Contributor

@tylaw first and foremost! I'm pretty sure I did not post the number/numbers. All I simply stated is that I contacted Cap1's Exec office. I'm most certain that there's more than one exec office(s). Secondly, I was pm'd months ago (take a look at my registration date) with such information......so who are you to tell me that I can't contact the executive office if I believe/deserve a credit line increase/rewards would be necessary to my everyday usage etc....especially being a VALID CUSTOMER like everyone else? Just for the simple fact that I mentioned "exec office" it seems as if it's a big issue for you? do you work for them? If so, then change the number(s) to give yourself a peace of mind. Lastly, this forum is for helping like you stated, and there's nothing wrong with sharing information. Until you find a post of which I posted such information; due all respect mind your business! 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.