cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Got my Cap1 Auto CLI now what?

tag
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally Got my Cap1 Auto CLI now what?

@shakalaka I currently hold Walmart: $500, 2 Cap1s $1000/$500(unsecured), and BoA (pending graduation) $300. 20% utilization. 

Message 11 of 18
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@kpresod wrote:

@shakalaka I currently hold Walmart: $500, 2 Cap1s $1000/$500(unsecured), and BoA (pending graduation) $300. 20% utilization. 

Well Walmart may CLI every 4 months, it is a SP AFAIK. CapOne will not grow any more, never ever. Okay, 0.00001% managed to have them grown, but ...

If you have at least 6 months history you could try a charge crd from Amexco. Use the pre app from Amexco and Discover and if you have an offer, shout for it. That´s what I did. Do not waste your time with CapOne. They are good to start you of, but the builder/rebuilder cards are subprime and will never give you a nice limit or CLI.

BoA normaly graduates after 12 months and often gives you a CLI also. So you already next to prime land.

What you should do, is have patience. If you manage to get a Amexco and/or Discover treat them well and garden. Let them grow with you. And within 12 months latest you will be in much better shape. I guess also the pre app offers in mail will then come or even earlier. Do not go for prime cards, which require 12 months history or so. Most of them will decline you and if they approve you, the limit will be minimal.

Again, patience is your friend.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 12 of 18
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Much thanks Shakalaka! Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 18
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@kpresod wrote:

Much thanks Shakalaka! Smiley Very Happy

Well that´s what the forum is for. Helped me a lot also. I know it is hard sometimes. But there is a nice thread about gardening Smiley Very Happy

And I wouldn´t have my wallet without myFico. I would have lot´s of denials and Inqs for sure ...

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 14 of 18
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

My post wasnt directed just at you either just people in general that have had there cap1 cards for a short period of time and expect a large limit. people should know what cap1 is and that is a conservative lender. i never said you posted the number and i dont work for cap1. but i do hold my ground by saying that people like you who have not had there card long dont need to be calling the exec office asking for a cli because that number will soon turn into a bunch of scripted CSR's saying the same thing all the time. you know why you got cap1 and thats because your new or rebuilding.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 15 of 18
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Dude, the point here is....my post had nothing to do with you taking it out of context, and making it your own problem. It's as simple as that! Regardless of how you feel about cap1's exec office number being used/abused by MANY; again you had no right to turn my post(s) into a/your problem.....everyone else that commented on my post contributed, and offered their opinions towards the Topic, "Finally Got my Cap1 Auto CLI now what?". Whether cap1 cards are rebuilders/easy to get cards and/or very conservative with cli etc....I'm aware of it, I read about it, including the other myfico bloggers! But that doesn't stop ANY of us from trying. Furthermore, I've been with cap1 for 2 years in their secured card program, which I recently closed after being approved for the cash rewards $1000/Journey student now $500, and I'm extatic for being new and/or rebuilding credit with them. Have a great day! 

Message 16 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the the CLI as I have said before.  Let's tone it down just a bit and stay on topic.  It's true that Cap1 is a conservative lender on some of it's lines, but it does also have some lines that have generous CLs.  If you have good growth in your credit and a good relationship with Cap1 there is nothing to say that in the future your CL can't improve greatly!   Thank you Smiley Happy

Edited can for can't.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 17 of 18
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Ok enough of me talking crap. Good job on the CLI hope the exec office has good news for you. And for your question "now what?" maybe check your scores and apply for better cards? Chase freedom is a great card. I do hope you know what i mean in regards to my other posts.

Maybe you already know your scores? if you got approved for the cash rewards i say apply for a better card. I have the Cash Rewards also and the same day i applied for that i applied for the Chase Freedom, thats why i mentioned the Freedom. Its a great card and will grow with you. Although CLI's are HP's when customer initiated. Maybe even apply for AMEX BCE or a charge card like the Green because AMEX is a good relationship to have.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.