Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Happened to me. Fraud on Sams Club MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Happened to me. Fraud on Sams Club MC

Just got the text asking about charges that were out of the ordinary for me.   Yep definitely not me.   

Luckily Synchrony caught it right away but now they have to close my account. And reissue me a new card on a new account.

Stinks though, Because this is my oldest credit card at almost 12 years.  Oh well, at least it was caught.  Kudos to Synch for that.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally Happened to me. Fraud on Sams Club MC

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got the text asking about charges that were out of the ordinary for me.   Yep definitely not me.   

Luckily Synchrony caught it right away but now they have to close my account. And reissue me a new card on a new account.

Stinks though, Because this is my oldest credit card at almost 12 years.  Oh well, at least it was caught.  Kudos to Synch for that.  

Won't make any different - it'll just be listed as a replacement card and will NOT affect you AAoA or scoring.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry this happened to you, OP, but happy it was caught early!

Message 3 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

Happened to me not long ago. I lost my limit for utilization purposes for a period since they reported the card closed. Once I was reissued another one, it reported open again. No new tradeline. I found that weird since no other lender that I know of handles replacement cards that way.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is weird Baller. But I'd definately like that better than a brand new trade line
Message 5 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yea I was pretty worried I would have a closed and a open tradeline. And with the whole Chase 5/24 thing, I didn't want a new one. But, it worked out fine. Just hated losing my $25k limit for 3 to 4 weeks. 😩
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.