Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Have Good Credit....Time To Get A Credit Card

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Finally Have Good Credit....Time To Get A Credit Card

You could also try for Nordstrom Visa. It is one of the best cards I have ever seen. Great CS, Generous CL, Low APR.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nop Dergogs....Unless you count the inquiries.

Oldest account 11 years and a few months. (Im only 30 years old)

Average age of accounts 7 years.

Income Aprox, 45-47k per year.

Highest CL on an open account is only $400 on Macys.

Highest CL on closed accounts...16k on an auto loan if that matters and 10k on a closed credit card account.

I would HIGHLY recommend going with Credit Unions at this point, if you want the best CL's.  Alliant, PenFed, NFCU, Affinity, maybe a local.

BoA is not generous these days. 

Do you have any military or Department of Defense contractor affiliations?  This could be a family member who is active duty or retired, a household member, etc.

I ask, because in your circumstances, if you can qualify for Navy Federal Credit Union, you stand to get the best bang for your app.  My father in law is active Army.  He joined.  This made my wife eligible, so she joined.  This made me eligible, and I joined.

There have been MANY individuals who have reported that they have received CL's of $5k to $10k when their highest previous CL was as low as $500 to $700.  I myself received an initial CL 250% higher than my next highest CL ($10k) AFTER I had 4 new inquiries and 4 new accounts reporting within 4 weeks previous to my app to NFCU.  They are my favorite credit source.

With you having good credit (even if relatively thin), reasonable income (verificable), you could very well get approved for a very attractive CL.

However, you would need to have some eligibility, either yourself or through the "six degrees of separation."  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 05-19-2009 02:38 PM
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schwab Bank Invest First™ Visa Signature® 

unlimited 2% cash back on purchases, redeemed monthly
No cash back limits, no minimums, no AF

No foreign exchange transaction fees

Visa Signature benefits if you get at least $5000 CL

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.