Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Part Of The American Express Family

tag
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Finally Part Of The American Express Family

It has been my dream to be part of the American Express Family.

And as a gift from probably Cupid for being single on Valentines Day, I was approved for my American Express Zync Card.

I'm 19 and my AAoA is about 1.7 years with 35% UTI. My last time I applied for credit was 8 months ago and have about 12 inqs on my report. My "FAKO" score is 640 EXPERIAN.

Here is the catch, I was NOT approved for the Unlimited Spending Limit Zync. It said "Unfortunately we were unable to approve you for the American Express Zync with Unlimited Spending...however, the good news is you were approved for the following"

It gave me 2 options.

Option 1: $500 monthly spending limit WITH AutoPay.

Option 2: $200 monthly spending limit WITHOUT AutoPay.

Of course, I chose Option 1!

I'm excited to be part of the AmEx Family. How much more longer should I wait before upgrading to the Gold Card?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally Part Of The American Express Family

Congratulations and welcome to the AMEX Family!

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 2 of 13
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Whoa.... is that something new??????

I never knew AMEX offers hard limit on charge cards... I'm assuming it's for younger folks that are trying to establish credit. Hopefully, AMEX will soon give you the opporunity to have the no pre-set spending limit option.

Congrats on your approval.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 13
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

I was thinking the same thing, after getting those 2 options, I was shocked, but I'm glad to be part of the family Smiley Happy And thank you guys! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 13
amp0804
Regular Contributor

Its a percaution for yourself and amex. Its like a secured charge card. Of course follow their rules for a couple of months they will up the ante. Then eventually it will be a normal charge card. At this point in time you cannot PC from a zync to any other charge card only from another other charge card to a zync card.
Message 5 of 13
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

do you have any deratory information on your credit report? I got approved in september with no preset spending limit i was able to do test charges up to $1500 when i got it and now I am able to do test charges up to $4,000.

amazon
Message 6 of 13
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Hm derogatory? I don't think I do, I've paid all my bills on time and never have had any outstanding balances.

Message 7 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What do they mean by autopay? They take payment  out of your checking account?

Message 8 of 13
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

yes i have it set up on my zync the bill gets autopaid from the checking or savings account of my choice every month so I dont have to worry about paying it

amazon
Message 9 of 13
danisgods
Regular Contributor

i didnt know about his feature, but hey man, Great !!! Congrats!

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.