cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally! Received a letter for a pre-approval on an Express card!

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Finally! Received a letter for a pre-approval on an Express card!

After receiving the pre-approval letter, I decided to try the shopping card trick and it worked! I've tried about 20 times on various cards to no avail. I have 4 inquiries that wll fall off in November and I really don't want any more inquiries. I know they don't do much to your score, but I still don't want them. I called and asked for my name to be removed from the don't call list about a month ago. I also joined their points card a couple weeks ago. I think that is what did it. I doubt I'll use much, but it's a start!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally! Received a letter for a pre-approval on an Express card!

IMO they their limit is too low to bother with but hey its a start.. just dont get too many of those! 

Message 2 of 5
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

congratulations! 

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 3 of 5
ah32
Frequent Contributor

It's certainly not much, but I wanted 3 tradelines open. Now I have them and it didn't cost me an inquiry. 

Message 4 of 5
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

I got my Express credit card through the SCT and I do purchase gift items for my nieces from Express.  They offer 15 points for every $1 spent (or something like that) so if you shop there often enough you will enjoy.  If you click the luv button every 3 months until you receive the 7-10 day message, your CL will increase.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.