Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally! Single Discover login for all the accounts

tag
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

Finally! Single Discover login for all the accounts

Welcome to 21st (or rather even 20th) century Discover! Was about time!

Just received the email.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Re: Finally! Single Discover login for all the accounts

Thank goodness.  I always thought the separate login was archaic.

Message 2 of 14
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Considering they don't tend to issue more than a single card to anyone.....   But yes, SSO is standard for most companies for quite awhile now.  Squeaky wheel gets the attention though.

Message 3 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Im glad I ran across this thread! I just got approved for my 2nd Discover card, (Miles), and would have not known they were separate SO. Glad that now Ill be able to log on and see both cards in one place. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Has anyone combined a joint CC with an individual savings account? No email here yet.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering they don't tend to issue more than a single card to anyone.....

Huh? I've never heard of that. To the contrary, I've heard of many people with multiple Discover cc's. I have heard that Discover won't issue a card of the same program that the customer is already in. But Discover always has multiple programs, including current (e.g it and it Miles) and legacy(e.g. More, Miles) programs. DW has an it and a More. I have an it Miles and an it (recently converted from a More). I will be happy to have only two Discover logins to manage instead of four. If I can get it down to one, that would be even better.

Chris.
Message 6 of 14
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Has anyone combined a joint CC with an individual savings account? No email here yet.

Just go to the website and log in.  I hadn't gotten an email, but the system still took me through the process of combining logins (1 card, 1 deposit account).

Message 7 of 14
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Huh? I've never heard of that. To the contrary, I've heard of many people with multiple Discover cc's. I have heard that Discover won't issue a card of the same program that the customer is already in. But Discover always has multiple programs, including current (e.g it and it Miles) and legacy(e.g. More, Miles) programs. DW has an it and a More. I have an it Miles and an it (recently converted from a More). I will be happy to have only two Discover logins to manage instead of four. If I can get it down to one, that would be even better.

Chris.

Clarification... they don't attract the people with Chase X 5 or Amex X 4 or BOA X 6.... They're underrated in comparison and require waiting a year and people just get impatient on picking up a 2nd or 3rd card with them.  

Message 8 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chris.

Clarification... they don't attract the people with Chase X 5 or Amex X 4 or BOA X 6.... They're underrated in comparison and require waiting a year and people just get impatient on picking up a 2nd or 3rd card with them.  

I don't know about that. I think a fair number of bonus hunters and frequent travelers have one...it may just not get a lot of use.

I'm Chase X 4 and Amex X 3 (recently X 4). Before I was a bonus hunter and frequent traveler, I had a thin file and thought getting a free FICO score and occasionally 5% cash back was a great reason to get a card.

Maybe I wouldn't apply for one today, though.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow learned something new today. I thought there was a Discover It and a Miles card, did not realize there is It Miles and a Miles. Interesting, thanksSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.