cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Some Success! Walmart CLI question?

tag
clevercandle
Established Member

Finally Some Success! Walmart CLI question?

This is the best forum anywhere, thanks to everyone for the wonderful advice! I was approved for a Walmart store card CL $400 & Amazon store card CL $600. I am so excited to be in with GE! My question is .... I want to buy new tires for my car from Walmart. Do you think if I call Walmart backdoor number I will be approved for a CLI!

Scores are around 650 across the board

Fingerhut opened 11/2012

Matrix 12/2012

Credit One 02/2013

Victoria Secret 05/2013

Brylane Homes 5/2013

Haband 6/2013

Avenue 6/2013

First Premiere 5/2013

Walmart 7/2013

Amazon 7/2013

Also as an after thought, I think I am blacklisted from Cap1. Is there anything I can do?

>
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally Some Success! Walmart CLI question?

Never hurts to ask, they may give you an increase, especially if you tell them you are going to but something on the card. You already took a hard pull, all they can say is no.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 9
clevercandle
Established Member

That's what I was thinking, all they can say is no. 

>
Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Never hurts to try but I doubt they will extend additional credit.  It appears like too many recently opened new accounts in such a short time, plus inquiries may be another issue.

Message 4 of 9
clevercandle
Established Member

That was the reason I was thinking of not even asking. I got carried away with the comenity cards. I am in the garden now. Next app spree I want to be for good prime cards with rewards.

>
Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good luck on your request. By the way... Walmart is currently running a 0% APR promo. Make sure you ask for that when you buy your tires.
Message 6 of 9
clevercandle
Established Member

Thank you! I will

>
Message 7 of 9
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

I would call and ask, I had 6 new accounts, and 6 inquires and was approved for 600 limit I called and got it bumped to $3k
Message 8 of 9
clevercandle
Established Member

Wow I hope I have that kind of luck! What number did you call?

>
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.