cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally!! The Capital One consolidation is complete!

tag
silkysean
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally!! The Capital One consolidation is complete!

Nice I combined all my Cap1 cards into the Quick Silver Visa Signature  for a CL of $39,500.Feels good once this reported all my other cards gave me nice huge Credit limit increase when I requested.Most were soft pull but a few hard pulls but I didn't care cause I'm working on bigger increase thru only a couple cards.We are diversified greatly for 2 Amex,Discover, 3 Chase, 2 Barclay, 3 Cap 1,.No more new credit for either of us total of  almost $350.000 in Available credit !Could get more but no need to 

Message 21 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@silkysean wrote:

Nice I combined all my Cap1 cards into the Quick Silver Visa Signature  for a CL of $39,500.Feels good once this reported all my other cards gave me nice huge Credit limit increase when I requested.Most were soft pull but a few hard pulls but I didn't care cause I'm working on bigger increase thru only a couple cards.We are diversified greatly for 2 Amex,Discover, 3 Chase, 2 Barclay, 3 Cap 1,.No more new credit for either of us total of  almost $350.000 in Available credit !Could get more but no need to 

Thanks Silkysean,

I've been eyeing my reports. EX and EQ are both showing that $49,500 now! It just showed up yesterday. I was so excited to see it .lol

Same here, I try to keep a diverse group of cards.

I'm just over $300,000 myself. I'll drop Barclay's $5000 soon. Going after a few more CLI's from my favorite lenders and then I'm done. Unless my main CU offers me a preapproved card with a good limit on a SP.

They're offering now but only a $5000 limit, I'm going to pass. It's funny a few months ago they wouldn't give me a card. Because I was at max exposure. Two months later they offer me all sorts of stuff. I haven't accepted any of it. As I don't need it any way.

Message 22 of 30
JamP
Valued Contributor

That's awesome Gmood1, Congratz on that crazy limit. I was happy with my 19,500 QS combine.

I am right behind you. Amex it next for me.

Its funny to compare signatures when I first started then when I was at my max then after I close some. I just want a few cards with amazing rewards and great limits.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 23 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@JamP wrote:

That's awesome Gmood1, Congratz on that crazy limit. I was happy with my 19,500 QS combine.

I am right behind you. Amex it next for me.

Its funny to compare signatures when I first started then when I was at my max then after I close some. I just want a few cards with amazing rewards and great limits.

Thanks JamP it's been a crazy year for me. I kinda fell into this craze! Lol

I'm with you my friend! I was just thinking how crazy it sounds to have closed so many cards. I've close 9 already. I have atleast two or three more before I'm done. That will be twelve CC's in less than a year! 

I had only two CC's($2600) total limits for 8 years until I found this forum last May. Lol 

Fast forward 12 months to $309k! As I close cards my other limits keep rising.  It's insane I tell you! Lmao

Message 24 of 30
JamP
Valued Contributor

I agree with you there, I had no credit and didn't think I needed any for about 10 years, started with a $200 cap1 secured card in late 2014.

I couldn't be happier with what cards I have and for the most part the limits. I'm not at 100k in CC yet but I am getting there.

I would love one or two more SP Prequal cards (wish I could get a few more sync cards without a HP like my SamsMC), keep me in the loop for that Smiley Very Happy

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 25 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@JamP wrote:

I agree with you there, I had no credit and didn't think I needed any for about 10 years, started with a $200 cap1 secured card in late 2014.

I couldn't be happier with what cards I have and for the most part the limits. I'm not at 100k in CC yet but I am getting there.

I would love one or two more SP Prequal cards (wish I could get a few more sync cards without a HP like my SamsMC), keep me in the loop for that Smiley Very Happy

That's one of the cards I've thought long and hard over. We use Sam's a lot around here. I came within a hairs breath of apping for that one. Wish I could swap out my PayPal MC for it! 

I've been fortunate with my credit lately. Glad to have choices for a change. There was a time not long ago I couldn't buy a mosquito a wrestling jacket on credit.lol I went a long time without choices.

You've done very well! You should be proud!

Message 26 of 30
JamP
Valued Contributor

My Sam's Club CC trick, I have seen a few others able to get this to work.

Go in to Sam's and say you lost your membership card or ask to have a new one made. Mine was worn out and had a black and white picture.

Others have went in and just renewed their membership in the store.

Then go shopping. When you get up to the register they may prequal you for a Sam's card. Mine never showed up as a HP.

I am sure this may not work for everyone but it might be worth a try for some that do not want another HP.

Ofcourse if I knew they were going to give me a 15k CLI I may have just applied and took the HP.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 27 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Nice ! Thanks for the advice. I may have to try this. I like those SP trade lines!😉

Message 28 of 30
JamP
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@JamP wrote:

That's one of the cards I've thought long and hard over. We use Sam's a lot around here. I came within a hairs breath of apping for that one. Wish I could swap out my PayPal MC for it! 

I've been fortunate with my credit lately. Glad to have choices for a change. There was a time not long ago I couldn't buy a mosquito a wrestling jacket on credit.lol I went a long time without choices.

You've done very well! You should be proud!

Gmood1 you absolutely said it better then I ever could have. 

Thank you and You have done extremely well yourself.

All we can do is PIF and earn lots of rewards Smiley Very Happy That and let our AAOA build.

My signature says it all, I would still have a secured card and be using my debit card still if it wasn't for this site.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thank you. Makes perfect sense!!
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.