cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Used My MACY'S CARD and now FICO Plumetted 28 PTS....WTH!!!!

tag
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finally Used My MACY'S CARD and now FICO Plumetted 28 PTS....WTH!!!!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I'd love to see a screenshot of how Macy's store accounts look on a full report, from any of the bureaus, not just a myFICO or TrueCredit or CCM report.

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 11 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I suspect something else happened to your CRs that resulted in a score change. My CR and DW's CR looks like psychic's EQ screenshot above (well, ahem, there is a balance), but it still doesn't factor into utilization as of our last TU & EQ FICO report pull (9/15). I'd look for other events, like new accounts, util change due to a CLD somewhere, updated baddie, etc.

Per reporting of the CL, I tried in June, again, to try to convince them to reverse their decision to remove the CL. They wouldn't do it. I carry low balances on both our Macys CCs (store) and plan to nurse that until the end. At least I know I can max it out if I wanted to without taking a score hit.

Message 12 of 14
Red22
Contributor

Okay, I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Midland.   They were responding to a letter that I sent 2 months ago asking them to remove the comments "disputed by consumer" from my credit reports.  (These were conditions on mortgage approval.) Comments were removed by CRA via phone request but then reinserted three weeks later(by Midland), thus how I wrote the letter in the first place.  Anyhow, the letter received yesterday, states they will be removing "disputed by consumer" a second time. So low and behold, Midland removed the comments and also updated my credit reports with 120 day late!  I checked my reports today and it says it was updated September 2010. This is why my score plummeted, not because of Macy's purchase as I originally thought!  Ugh, I hate Midland!

Luckliy I closed on my Mortgage August 6 and before they reinserted the disputed comments!! But this still sucks!

Crawling At A Snails Pace . . .
*9/01/08 FICO; EQ:524 TU:532 FAKO;EX:536
*12/07/08 FICO; EQ:548 TU: 562 FAKO;EX:565
**03/10/09 FICO;EQ: 624 TU:563 FAKO;EX:585
**09/21/10 FICO;EQ:661 TU:679EX:663(FAKO)

Message 13 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They're scum.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.