Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally, a CLI from Sam's Discover

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Finally, a CLI from Sam's Discover

It's been about 6-9 months because I haven't made any purchases on the card (but I did earlier this month) but I kept getting denied. New statement began today, clicked the button and went from 7400 to 10,000. I'm happy with that.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally, a CLI from Sam's Discover

Nice CLI!!! Do you really need a 10k limit? lol

Message 2 of 8
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice CLI!!! Do you really need a 10k limit? lol

Not really, but it is nice Smiley Happy It is my goal to get all cards to 10k or better. Only 2 left to get there.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verty true! How do you get such high limits?  I onlu have 3 open cards, 2 within the last 6 months. All 3 are from Capital one and the won't seem to budge on CLI. One has a 1K limit and the other 2 $500 each. I'm still working on re-building my credit.

Any advice on cards that are generous with CLI?

Message 4 of 8
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Verty true! How do you get such high limits?  I onlu have 3 open cards, 2 within the last 6 months. All 3 are from Capital one and the won't seem to budge on CLI. One has a 1K limit and the other 2 $500 each. I'm still working on re-building my credit.

Any advice on cards that are generous with CLI?

It took a lot of time to get good limits. I think it all started a couple of years back with the first initial 10k approval, and the rest just followed suit. Ive heard cap one isnt the most generous with cli on the rebuilder cards so you may want to try a different lender.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.  I think my credit is still considered "fair" to "poor" depending on whom is looking at it.  Are there any other credit cards you might know of that are willing to work with somone whom is rebuilding?  I know my choices are probably limited. B of A , Chase, and Citi will not have anything to do with me at this point to to old debts that have been written off for quite some time.

Message 6 of 8
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Try a credit union.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently opened a checking account with USAA. At the same time I applied for an unsecured card and was declined. I think I'll wait a few months more and try a re-app..since I am now over the 600 mark.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.