cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally after gardening I can be the one bragging app spree!

tag
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Finally after gardening I can be the one bragging app spree!

Finally got the chance to have what I call a successful app spree!  MY spree was spread over 3 days and includes.

Discover IT 4000 instant

USAA         6000  instant

BML           1001  instant

Citi TYP      Pending( has been forwarded to department for review)

FId AMEX   (Denied)

Amex PRG    Instant  (rushed 2-3 days) I was AU back in 2004 but the primary racked it up and charge off so I wont push the issue but would be nice to back date 

Amex B Sky   Instant  limit unkn ( called and was told they cant look it up)

Chase Freedom  ( I think I burned them for 500 so I threw this on the end of spree)  They pulled experian so far but is pending.

DCU (checking and savings to build future relationship)  HP for membership didnt take any credit products and I decline overdraft.  I was preaproved for 25k auto though

My AAoA was 1.9-1.7  which will be destroyed.

Inquires are insane at this point

I planed my spree for TU to be free of apps but amex got me for triple x2Smiley Sad

I will update the chase and citi.  Thank you everyone!  Oh and sorry Fellow gardeners for promoting the urge to app.  I will be with you in a few saying what will one more hurt.  Hopefully a dose of garden club will sooth the itch.  Gardening and utility managment is an extremelly powerful tool.  I dont remember how I found this forum but I am so glad I did.  Thanks again everyone

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally after gardening I can be the one bragging app spree!

You can give recon a go on the Fidelity AMEX but I found out recently that they are very inquiry sensitive so that was probably the reason for your denial. Congrats on everything else though! Nicely done.

Message 2 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@staifokuzed wrote:

Finally got the chance to have what I call a successful app spree!  MY spree was spread over 3 days and includes.

Discover IT 4000 instant

FId AMEX   (Denied)

Amex PRG    Instant  (rushed 2-3 days) I was AU back in 2004 but the primary racked it up and charge off so I wont push the issue but would be nice to back date 

Chase Freedom  ( I think I burned them for 500 so I threw this on the end of spree)  They pulled experian so far but is pending.

DCU (checking and savings to build future relationship)  HP for membership didnt take any credit products and I decline overdraft.  I was preaproved for 25k auto though

I planed my spree for TU to be free of apps but amex got me for triple x2Smiley Sad

I will update the chase and citi.  Thank you everyone!  Oh and sorry Fellow gardeners for promoting the urge to app.  I will be with you in a few saying what will one more hurt.  Hopefully a dose of garden club will sooth the itch.  Gardening and utility managment is an extremelly powerful tool.  I dont remember how I found this forum but I am so glad I did.  Thanks again everyone

Congrats... just out of curiousity why decline overdraft and not do credit card at DCU??? Do they take additional INQ for credit at same time as membership? If pre-approved auto, wouldn't that seem they would give you credit card? I dont' like them because I took a HP and denied a Savings Account!! but the people that have liked them and get credit cards seem to get HUGE lines that would probably outway all these other approvals.

Message 3 of 18
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

triple amex inquiry.

you may want to find out if they actually pulled all 3.

I recently applied to amex.  was denied so I had called them and they said they ONLY pulled EQ.  the denial letter also says they only pulled EQ.  They said to call the agency's with the other inquiry's and ask for the 12 digit id number and then provide it to them (amex) and they will be removed.  So just a heads up verify that all of the inquiries from amex were legit.  they will tell you waht they actually pulled if you call them.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 18
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Once the dust settles I'd be interested in what report Bill Me Later looked at (your geographic location along with this would be helpful) and also if it was a hard or soft inq.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 5 of 18
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Congrats... just out of curiousity why decline overdraft and not do credit card at DCU??? Do they take additional INQ for credit at same time as membership? If pre-approved auto, wouldn't that seem they would give you credit card? I dont' like them because I took a HP and denied a Savings Account!! but the people that have liked them and get credit cards seem to get HUGE lines that would probably outway all these other approvals.

From what I read yes multiple HP for credit.  I want to wait till I am in a better position and will probably use them for future auto purchase with cc on same pull. 

I may or may recon any denials.  More accounts will just diminish what is left of aaoa.  But my goals have been meet for the most part.  I will have all logos in my wallet now.  I am over 10kcc.  I got in with amex and discover.  Just a little sad the fun had to stop.  I think I have never had instant approval before.  That is a great feeling.

Message 6 of 18
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! 

Message 7 of 18
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@staifokuzed wrote:

Discover IT 4000 instant

FId AMEX   (Denied)

Congrats! on a nice spree. I recommend you contact a Chase Backdoor number to see if they can help you out. I do have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) Did you apply for Bill Me Later when you made a purchase or did they issue you that limit with a direct Bill Me Later App? What report/s did they pull + hard or soft pull? (I will probably app for it but don't know if I should do a direct app or go through a purchase app)

2) Are you a Full or Partial USAA Member? 

Message 8 of 18
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

triple amex inquiry.

you may want to find out if they actually pulled all 3.

I recently applied to amex.  was denied so I had called them and they said they ONLY pulled EQ.  the denial letter also says they only pulled EQ.  They said to call the agency's with the other inquiry's and ask for the 12 digit id number and then provide it to them (amex) and they will be removed.  So just a heads up verify that all of the inquiries from amex were legit.  they will tell you waht they actually pulled if you call them.

Good suggestion I will check that out.  I am sure I am borderline on EX.  I have judgement and CS 701.  Where as EQ my best no judgement(not sure why scheduled late 2015)  730 CS

Message 9 of 18
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

Once the dust settles I'd be interested in what report Bill Me Later looked at (your geographic location along with this would be helpful) and also if it was a hard or soft inq.

Pittsburgh Pa.  Hard EQ.  that is #4 attempt every one EQ pull

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.