Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally approved for...............

tag
Juan123
Established Contributor

Finally approved for...............

NOTHING Smiley Sad

I don't know whats going on, i haven't applied for any cards but i've been trying CLI's on my cards and they've all been getting declined.

All my scores have gone up since i got approved for the cards and i've waited sufficient time between each attempts (6 months) and they all get declined!!!

One weird tidbit, my carecredit card provided by GEMB went up again recently. i asked for a CLI twice in 1 month and got 2 $1000 increases, but that seems to be the only card that's going up even though the majority of them are GE cards!!!

any help or suggestions would be great! thanks

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally approved for...............

It's time to move away from the GE line and get a card form a real bank.  

Message 2 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@p- wrote:

It's time to move away from the GE line and get a card form a real bank.  

Yea i'm,on this statement. Not likng GE at all right now.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 12
Juan123
Established Contributor

Well i have other cards... but they're new and hoping to grow with me (citi, discover, barclays) on the other hand i have 2 cap1 cards... real bank?!?! i think not >_<

but my older cards are GE cards... no clue why they aren't moving up... they're stuck at low limits. maybe they tightened the nooses??

Long way to go ^_^
Message 4 of 12
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I don't think GE has tightened up all that much.. my amazon is still being stingy but in the last week or so my GE cards:

Lowes went up $4000 to $5800

Penny's up $950 to $4800

Sams club store card up $1500 to $10,000

I have noticed that it has been closer to the 5 month mark versus the 4 statement mark for me lately ;(

Message 5 of 12
Juan123
Established Contributor

@jason86423 wrote:

I don't think GE has tightened up all that much.. my amazon is still being stingy but in the last week or so my GE cards:

Lowes went up $4000 to $5800

Penny's up $950 to $4800

Sams club store card up $1500 to $10,000

I have noticed that it has been closer to the 5 month mark versus the 4 statement mark for me lately ;(

if thats the case maybe thats why, i've been waiting 4 statements........... we'll see next month.

off topic, anyone know if amex PC's charge cards to one of there revolving cards?

Long way to go ^_^
Message 6 of 12
drock
Valued Member

Nope you can't PC from charge to revolver or the other way around. Green, gold, pr gold, and platinum can be PC'ed between each other, or PC'ed down to zync (zync can't PC up though). Revolvers can only be PC'ed to other revolvers and i think there are stipulations around which ones can move to others (i think there are other threads on that).

Starting Score: 683
Current Scores: fico (not fako) as of 06/23/12 - tu-772, eq-728, ex-???
Goal Score: 750 across all 3 CBs

Message 7 of 12
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Juan, I can't remember the details, but did you say you are paying down debt?  I see your scores and I wanted to tell you that six months ago I had scores around 660 or so and 60% or 70% utilization.  No one would give me credit except maybe GE Money bank store cards.

I paid my debt down to about 28% utilization and my scores are probably now in the 680+ range (USAA Experian FAKOs say 714-725 but I don't believe it.  Whenever I get a score it says 686 or something like that.)

Years ago, also, I once got my scores up to 690 briefly and all the doors opened for me.  Recently I've been granted a lot of credit and better terms, too.

So, if you are paying down debt and you don't have it under 30% yet, keep working on it.  When that happens and your scores rise close to 700, you should be able to get some traction.

Established Contributor

My util is finally at 24%, but they're spread out between 9 cards... Which also hurts
My score according to equifax

Long way to go ^_^
Message 9 of 12
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

In my own experience with GE, it seems like since they changed names to GE retail bank or whatever it's called, they have been very stingy with CL increases!!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.