Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally bought scores, need advice.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally bought scores, need advice.

I gave my opinion when you asked on another thread.

I said I didn't think 700 in a year was very likely with a BK that will only be 1.5 years old, and 3 new accounts.

Of course, I didn't expect you'd be mid-600s at this point either, so what do I know? Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 15
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'd say you can come pretty close to it. 
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My first card after BK was Orchard. I've had it for 5 months. I just got Target and Hooters. I sitting now. Waiting until May when most inquiries drop of.
How did you get mid 600's already this soon after BK?

yeah, i was shocked at the scores too, as recent as the discharge was just last year. i'm thinking because my lawyer advised me to send the bureaus letters stating they can only report once after the discharge, and they should be reporting $0 balances on them.

so i think that took care of utilization.

also, to make sure they do this, i checked my reports with those free offers, and challenged a few things, a couple of things came off and were corrected a couple of months ago. nothing major, the biggies were the balances.

i didn't really have a lot on my report, i would say about 5-6 accounts including one repo, all but one were part of the BK. the chase card was sent to collections and and that was settled a few years ago for less. i am trying to fet rid of that collection agency from my report now because i think they shouldn't be there if i paid it the minute they got the account, plus it's like a double negative on my report.

orchard is the first card since bk, currently im on the sixth month with them.

macy's is the oldest on my report, really no card with them, but i have had a robinsons-may gone bad and macys bought them off, robinsons may came off my report and was replaced with a macy's reporting that has reported me in good standings for two years, if not more.

no collections except for the one from chase and is only on cellections side on one of my bureaus.

according to transunion, i will have about 4 things fall off my report next year.

btw, when do "inquiries" fall of your credit report?

Message Edited by whoisjohngalt7 on 02-17-2008 12:34 PM
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

whoisjohngalt7 wrote:

Inquiries stay on your reports for two years.  FICO only holds them against you for one year.  (FICO ignores any inquiries that are more than one year old.)

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Inquiries stay on your reports for two years. FICO only holds them against you for one year. (FICO ignores any inquiries that are more than one year old.)

wow, i guess i have more things falling off my report next year then.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.