Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally broke $100,000!!!

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Finally broke $100,000!!!

A big personal accomplishment since I started rebuilding for a few year ago. I only did one big app spree in the Summer of 2012. I got a bunch of card then worked on using them and letting them grow. I thoughly keep track of all of my scores, when I receive a CLI and when I'm due for the next one. I keep on them like clockwork. I was at $57K at in end of January so I did a small app spree. 3 cards - 2 Cap 1 and Lowes. That gave me a boost to $99K. I was sooo close but so far away. I tried to get a CLI on my JCP card a few weeks ago but that was denied. Then tried to increase the limits on my Barclay Rewards and Apple Rewards cards a few days ago. Both of them were denied for some reason. I was still hanging at $99K and felt some of the wind being taken out of my sails. It was time to try Walmart tonight. I didn't ask for much. Just enough to get me over the hunp so I requested a $15K CL (up from $13). That was approved through Credit Solutions. I asked if they handle JCP. That person didn't but he transferred me to someone that did. I requested the limit to be increased to $10K from $6500. That was approved! Strange. It was deined a few weeks ago. 

So I finally broke the $100K barrier. I'm now at $104,500. Not a big deal for some but I kind of feel like I completed a half marathon!

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Finally broke $100,000!!!

Would like to congratz! Just tonight called Credit Solutions to increase my Penny's and instead of shooting for moon just wanted to match orher cards asked for $6000 and approved! Came from 3800 so a nice round number. Also rebuilding but i can just imagine the limits i can achieve as my score increases and my good credit habits continue to build.

Once again enjoy! I believe any amount that brings us happyness on this crazy credit journey deserves to be applauded! Cheers!!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success !!!

Message 3 of 10
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Nice milestone, congratulations
Message 4 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

A big personal accomplishment since I started rebuilding for a few year ago. I only did one big app spree in the Summer of 2012. I got a bunch of card then worked on using them and letting them grow. I thoughly keep track of all of my scores, when I receive a CLI and when I'm due for the next one. I keep on them like clockwork. I was at $57K at in end of January so I did a small app spree. 3 cards - 2 Cap 1 and Lowes. That gave me a boost to $99K. I was sooo close but so far away. I tried to get a CLI on my JCP card a few weeks ago but that was denied. Then tried to increase the limits on my Barclay Rewards and Apple Rewards cards a few days ago. Both of them were denied for some reason. I was still hanging at $99K and felt some of the wind being taken out of my sails. It was time to try Walmart tonight. I didn't ask for much. Just enough to get me over the hunp so I requested a $15K CL (up from $13). That was approved through Credit Solutions. I asked if they handle JCP. That person didn't but he transferred me to someone that did. I requested the limit to be increased to $10K from $6500. That was approved! Strange. It was deined a few weeks ago. 

So I finally broke the $100K barrier. I'm now at $104,500. Not a big deal for some but I kind of feel like I completed a half marathon!

I remember the feeling. But then i broke 200k and  felt nothing. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! thats a great accomplishment!

Message 6 of 10
FeeBear
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Keep up the great work. You are on your way to 200K!

Fee

Message 7 of 10
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

Not a big deal for some but I kind of feel like I completed a half marathon!

Take it from me s half marathon is much easier. Congrats!

Personal:

Business:

Message 8 of 10
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I kind of have to start thinking past the $100K mark now. Actually, the last goal that I've had in mind is $112K. That would allow me to carry a balance of $10K if I want to. Total utilization would be 8.9%. Just under the 9.0% cutoff.  For me, goals are meant to be accomplished and then set higher.  I have enough cards so I really don't need to apply for anything else. I'm trying to get the Cap 1 account combination feature to work so I can combine my current cards. I'd apply for more of them after that. Would like to get that limit into the $50K + range. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very exciting, congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.