Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally closed Orchard!!!

tag
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Finally closed Orchard!!!

Call Orchard today to see about waiving my annual fee of $59 this year.  I have had the car since 2001 and my limit was $2.9K.  I told them that if they didnt waive the fee I would close the acct.  They tried to talk me into keeping the CC and said they valued my business but they wouldnt budge.  I said close the CC and send me confirmation of my request. 

I cant wait for the letter in the post!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Finally closed Orchard!!!

Congrats. I had to do same thing few months ago....
Message 2 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats on kicking Orchard! Not needing them is a great feeling.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not needing orchard is a good feeling, but im still glad they are around, ive had 2 charge offs with them in the past, and they still offered me a card lol Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I closed my secured card over a month ago... Just waiting for my money back... think it's bogus they take 2 months to send you YOUR money.  I should make interest on it, not them!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to do the same earlier but there isn't an AF showing on my account right now so I would be arguing for something that is not there.

I am waiting for next month when the $79.00 AF shows up.
It has to be done.  $79 can get me a full tank of gas with change for a bag of chips, soda and candy bars.

Message Edited by Solarjuju on 06-02-2008 01:33 PM
Message 6 of 12
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

i did that w/juniper and my $250 credit limit..they said to wait until may and i would probably get one and of course it's now june and nothing..they didnt even try to get me to keep it open..but yea in a odd way it felt gooooddddddddddd
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 7 of 12
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Good for you!

I closed both of my Orchard cards a few months ago. They served their purpose, and I didn't need them anymore.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
I closed my secured card over a month ago... Just waiting for my money back... think it's bogus they take 2 months to send you YOUR money. I should make interest on it, not them!

You do.

The check will have your deposit plus whatever interest it has earned. Mine took about 3 weeks to come.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats,

By the accounts of others on here, their fruit may be low hanging but it almost never grows!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.