cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally closed my first credit card! Question about CapOne APR reduction.

tag
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally closed my first credit card! Question about CapOne APR reduction.

@kdm31091 wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I was able to reduce my QS from its HBSC-legacy APR of 19.9% to 17.9% recently through the EO.

Thanks, SunriseEarth! I hear it's quite difficult to contact the EO these days. Smiley Happy

Not to mention the fact of having to hassle with them to get a 2% APR reduction whereas with Discover or Amex it's a five minute chat process if you are eligible.

I like Capital One and the QS I really do. But APR reductions I don't think are really simple with them on the frontline level. I haven't tried it yet myself though. I am not going to jump through hoops with the EO over an APR on a card that I have SD anyway.

Your last sentence sums up why I closed my Secured MC with them. After years of phone, IM, and secure messages requesting graduation (which was implied when I signed-up), APR reduction, waived AF, and rewards of any kind, I finally closed it. 

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.