Established Contributor
Itsmeagain

Finally cracked the 10K "glass ceiling"

Yesterday, I used the back door number found here and spoke directly with a BoA credit analyist.  I had one CLI in Jan., going from 5k to 7.5k and thought "why not try again".  She was very courteous and asked what increase I wanted and of course I said "all I can get".  So, she asked a few questions about employment and salary, and put me on hold while she pulled a SOFT report.  She came back after only a minute and said she could approve a $2,500 CLI today if that would be acceptable.  I said "sure" and thanked her very much.

This is my first credit line to "crack the glass ceiling" of 10k so I'm pretty hyped.  I have other cards at 6,300, 7,500, 8,400, 9,500but this is my first at 10k.  Wooooo Hooooooo

Now if the others will just follow suit . . . . . <sigh>

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Re: Finally cracked the 10K "glass ceiling"

Congrats, feels good doesn't it?
Senior Contributor
score_building

that's terrific, congrats itsme!  good for you- you got the timing right again on your boa request.  i just had the same luck with a CU cc recently and was delighted- 10k+ sure makes uti less painful if a reporting bal slips through on me again, lol.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Established Contributor
GFer

That's awesome!

(I can only dream...lol)

1/28/14 EQ 817, (6/30/14)EX 821, TU 817 on 6/13/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

[ Edited ]

DH just got approved for BofA card - I've seen several posts where they are CLD - so your post is great news!  Can you give us a little info on your history with them?  If it's okay -------

How long have you had the card?

What was your opening CL? (edited because I am now awake and know what I'm talking about)

What type of usage do you give that card?

What type of balances do you typically carry with them?

Sorry - I'm feeling a bit like I've put you under the microscope.  Think of it this way, we're just trying to learn from your great success.  Good work!

Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-10-2009 06:51 AM
Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Established Contributor
Itsmeagain

utah2009 wrote:

DH just got approved for BofA card - I've seen several posts where they are CLD - so your post is great news!  Can you give us a little info on your history with them?  If it's okay -------

How long have you had the card? Since Jan. 09

What was your beginning balance?

Assume you mean CL - 5K - called back door number, requested 7.5k since I wanted to do a 4k BT and didn't want that high a useage - APPROVED

What type of usage do you give that card? Got it only for the 16 mo. 0% BT they were offering at the time.  Only had the one transaction for 4K  

What type of balances do you typically carry with them?  Bal. is now about 1.5k.  I pay a few hundred per month. With the CLI, my usage is now at 15%.

Sorry - I'm feeling a bit like I've put you under the microscope.  Think of it this way, we're just trying to learn from your great success.  Good work! 

Thank you! . . . That's what these forums are for - sharing.

Established Contributor
Itsmeagain

score_building wrote:

that's terrific, congrats itsme!  good for you- you got the timing right again on your boa request.  i just had the same luck with a CU cc recently and was delighted- 10k+ sure makes uti less painful if a reporting bal slips through on me again, lol.

Congrats to you Score.  Yes, the CLI brings my uti down to 15% on that card which is a lot less painful.  But CU's RULE!!

Established Contributor
Itsmeagain

[ Edited ]

GFer wrote:

That's awesome!

(I can only dream...lol)

GFer . . . In August 07 my scores were in the toilet.  I had ignored my credit for years.  I got involved in rebuilding when a car dealer offered to finance an old used car for 22.9%.  Since then I have successfully removed 24 incorrect entries on my reports and have over 60k in revolving CL's (total utl is 7%).  You can do it too.

Good Luck . . . . :smileytongue:

Message Edited by Itsmeagain on 07-10-2009 04:45 AM

Senior Contributor
smallfry

Congrats. 
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

5 digit congrats to you!!!! That's a downright lovely CLI!

BoA has been very good to me too. Less than a month ago I got a 3k CLI surprise to hit the big 10k too!

Great job!!

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+