Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally found out why Amex denied me for CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally found out why Amex denied me for CLI

Apparently they'll only do one CLI every six months, even if the requests are on different cards.

A week ago I pulled the trigger and got an auto CLI on one card but was auto denied on the other. I didn't get a reason for the denial. I then immediately got an email asking me to log in to find out why I got denied but it wouldn't let me log in. I finally got my answer through snail mail today.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
core
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally found out why Amex denied me for CLI

Same thing happened to me last week or two.  I've been around long enough I should have known better, but I don't generally ask for CLIs so I just had 90-day 3x drilled into my head.

I'm surprised they couldn't just tell me online (and instantly) that was the reason.  I had to wait 7 long days stewing over whether I was in trouble with Amex or what.  And yeah the online thing always said I couldn't log in too.

Message 2 of 3
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Finally found out why Amex denied me for CLI

For sure. once an amex member. its 6 months across all your cards. Regardless how many you got. so 6 months from your last cli. if approved. If declined. then 90 days. to try again. again. matter how many cards. new cards or what. but at least they got rid of the 61 day cli.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.