cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got Capital one to upgrade my card... (Chat)

tag
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Finally got Capital one to upgrade my card... (Chat)

I have a question. Been trying to upgrade my almost 5 year old  account for the longest time. Always a no. Then today I tried chat again. It work for getting upgraded to the Regular Quicksilver, from Quicksilver One.

My Question is.... Will this be the World Mastercard? Advised me,  I couldn't upgrade for another 6 month's on this account. 

Thanks 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Re: Finally got Capital one to upgrade my card... (Chat)

Your card will be switched to Visa network IIRC.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 2 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Aarvard wrote:

Your card will be switched to Visa network IIRC.

Actually, they stay MasterCards.  And do not know if it will come upgraded.  Usually, the world thing goes through the EO, but apps, cli's, combos, etc, have all been weird lately.  I have been able to lowere apr's on two cards, cap one refuses.  Cap one has a problem with my income, Chase raises me to over 12k (same income), and citi ups my SL.  I do not know what is going on, but it's not easy to advance with cap one right now.

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 13
happypill
Valued Contributor

A lot of people have been able to convert their Quicksilver One to Quicksilver.  It will stay a mastercard.  The common route is to get the limit over $5k, then request conversion to WMC.  If you're already over $5k, it might come as a WMC, but if not then in 6 months send a request to EO and request the change.

Message 4 of 13
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Darn...  Limit is only $4500...

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Message 5 of 13
My_Fako
Established Contributor

So...  Is the only benefit, not having an annual fee. No really reason to be excited... If you know what I mean. Lol

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded a QS1 to a QS WMC recently. The limit is 5,500. I was hoping that the Mastercard symbol would change to the silver ones but they stayed the original colors and it just says "WORLD" above it.

Message 7 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I upgraded a QS1 to a QS WMC recently. The limit is 5,500. I was hoping that the Mastercard symbol would change to the silver ones but they stayed the original colors and it just says "WORLD" above it.

They are different.  The silver logo now goes to world elite MasterCard.

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 13
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Cap one does have a quicksilver world MasterCard that is different from the standard red and yellow logo. While it's not the shiny silver used for world elite it is a nice type of gray that looks better than the standard logo. Cap one can be hit or miss sometimes on what they send out.
Message 9 of 13
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Can anyone pls pm me the eo email? I tried to find via google and no dice. My limit is $6300 and no matter how many chats they can't upgrade mine to world. 

Congrats op! Getting rid of that fee is great. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.