Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got an AMEX!!!!!!

tag
theagent26
New Contributor

Finally got an AMEX!!!!!!

Wow! I don't even know what to think right now. So, I must start off by thanking all of you that participate on these forums. Your stories and advice have encouraged me throughout my journey to improve my credit some 4 years ago. At that time my EQ FICO was 465. I've been obsessively writing goodwill letters and doing my best with the starter cards that I could get along the way.

This morning I received a 25 point bump in my TU FICO, and an 18 bump in my EQ FICO leading to the scores in my signature. I've been in garden mode for a few months, but I started feeling a little confident after reading some posts today at lunch. I went over to AMEX and did the pre-qualify with no success. But I've been reading about the AMEX Zync and figured I had an outside chance at it based on some posts I've seen. I took the plunge and filled out the online app. I got some weird error message that said my app didn't go through and I should apply via phone. I felt a little discouraged, but then I get an email welcoming me to the Travel Pack for the card...........what?! I figured what the hell and called the app number. The woman verified my ID, and then says "Congratulations, your app was approved. Welcome to American Express!". WOW!

I can't believe it! I just want to thank you all for being a helpful and supportive community. I never thought this day would come. Still a few baddies left, so I'm about to get crackin on some more goodwills Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 593 TU 606
Current Score: EQ 680 TU 682 EX 684
Goal Score: 700's baby let's get it!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally got an AMEX!!!!!!

Oh my GOSH!! THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the recovery and the Amex.  I've had nothing but great experiences with Amex, hopefully you do as well.

Message 3 of 20
lewdog
Established Member

Congrats, Do you know if they pulled Experian?

Message 4 of 20
theagent26
New Contributor

@lewdog wrote:

Congrats, Do you know if they pulled Experian?

Not sure yet lewdog, but I'll update you when I find out. I've tried them twice before, and both times they only pulled Experian.

Message 5 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your rebuilding success and on the AMEX too !!  Nice work !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 20
rocar83
Established Member

Congrats!!! I'm happy for you..U mentioned you had a few baddies left, would you mind stating them ? Again congrats on your hard work.
Message 7 of 20
lewdog
Established Member

Thanks. The reason I ask is I have a 711 score for EX, but I have 28 Hard Inquiries, so they have been denying me for a Zync. i want an Amex badly. They would backdate me to 1991.

Goog for you though. 

Message 8 of 20
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Had the same weird error message. I have it too. Congrats.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 9 of 20
theagent26
New Contributor

@rocar83 wrote:
Congrats!!! I'm happy for you..U mentioned you had a few baddies left, would you mind stating them ? Again congrats on your hard work.

rocar83, I have about 4 small collections from a hospital in 2006 ($360, but all paid). I have 2 charge-offs from Verizon Wireless in 2006 which are paid. A few lates here and there with a 30 day late last year from 1st Premier (they a terrible to work with and closed both my starters after a bank draft mix up). My last 2 years are pretty clean otherwise. Hope that helps. I posted this to encourage people, like I was encouraged so keep at it!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.