Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got an AMEX!!!!!!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Finally got an AMEX!!!!!!

@theagent26 wrote:

Wow! I don't even know what to think right now. So, I must start off by thanking all of you that participate on these forums. Your stories and advice have encouraged me throughout my journey to improve my credit some 4 years ago. At that time my EQ FICO was 465. I've been obsessively writing goodwill letters and doing my best with the starter cards that I could get along the way.

This morning I received a 25 point bump in my TU FICO, and an 18 bump in my EQ FICO leading to the scores in my signature. I've been in garden mode for a few months, but I started feeling a little confident after reading some posts today at lunch. I went over to AMEX and did the pre-qualify with no success. But I've been reading about the AMEX Zync and figured I had an outside chance at it based on some posts I've seen. I took the plunge and filled out the online app. I got some weird error message that said my app didn't go through and I should apply via phone. I felt a little discouraged, but then I get an email welcoming me to the Travel Pack for the card...........what?! I figured what the hell and called the app number. The woman verified my ID, and then says "Congratulations, your app was approved. Welcome to American Express!". WOW!

I can't believe it! I just want to thank you all for being a helpful and supportive community. I never thought this day would come. Still a few baddies left, so I'm about to get crackin on some more goodwills Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!

Did they tell you your EX FICO?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 20
theagent26
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Congrats!!!

LS2982, not yet. I guess it should be in the paperwork? I'll be glad to share once I get it in the mail.

Starting Score: EQ 593 TU 606
Current Score: EQ 680 TU 682 EX 684
Goal Score: 700's baby let's get it!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@theagent26 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Congrats!!!

LS2982, not yet. I guess it should be in the paperwork? I'll be glad to share once I get it in the mail.

Probably will not be since the Zync does not have an APR it's a NPSL and your already getting the best rates. You would have to call in to get it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 20
theagent26
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Probably will not be since the Zync does not have an APR it's a NPSL and your already getting the best rates. You would have to call in to get it.

I didn't know that......I'll give em a call and let you know what my score was. That's crazy we can't just buy our FICO EX like the others. This credit game is crazy.

Message 14 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@theagent26 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I didn't know that......I'll give em a call and let you know what my score was. That's crazy we can't just buy our FICO EX like the others. This credit game is crazy.

Yes it is, and it's driving me quite crazy lately. Smiley Frustrated

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 20
theagent26
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Yes it is, and it's driving me quite crazy lately. Smiley Frustrated

Tell me about it. I got rejected for my dream home right at closing last fall. AFTER I had shown the pics of it to friends and family. The bank pulled out last minute because I was borderline and got a pull from DirecTV........worst day of my life, but gave me the determination to improve my credit no matter what. Stay strong bro (or sis?).....we will laugh at all of this one day and take free flights with platinum cards to Europe lol!

Message 16 of 20
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations and welcome to the Amex family!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 17 of 20
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I just got my Zync last week. It's a really cool looking card, too! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 18 of 20
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@theagent26 wrote:

Wow! I don't even know what to think right now. So, I must start off by thanking all of you that participate on these forums. Your stories and advice have encouraged me throughout my journey to improve my credit some 4 years ago. At that time my EQ FICO was 465. I've been obsessively writing goodwill letters and doing my best with the starter cards that I could get along the way.

This morning I received a 25 point bump in my TU FICO, and an 18 bump in my EQ FICO leading to the scores in my signature. I've been in garden mode for a few months, but I started feeling a little confident after reading some posts today at lunch. I went over to AMEX and did the pre-qualify with no success. But I've been reading about the AMEX Zync and figured I had an outside chance at it based on some posts I've seen. I took the plunge and filled out the online app. I got some weird error message that said my app didn't go through and I should apply via phone. I felt a little discouraged, but then I get an email welcoming me to the Travel Pack for the card...........what?! I figured what the hell and called the app number. The woman verified my ID, and then says "Congratulations, your app was approved. Welcome to American Express!". WOW!

I can't believe it! I just want to thank you all for being a helpful and supportive community. I never thought this day would come. Still a few baddies left, so I'm about to get crackin on some more goodwills Smiley Happy

Fantastic! Congratulations to you on the nice score increases as well as the AMEX approval! I know you felt great that you took that leap of faith and got the reward that you desired!

I can't wait until I'm at that point. AMEX seems to have great rewards that most people absolutely love!

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 20
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Major congrats and welcome to the AMEX family! I hope you enjoy your new card! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.