Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got approved for AmEx PRG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got approved for AmEx PRG

I don't know how with a FICO score of 632.... I have been applying once every 31 days for the PRG without risk of a hard pull as I already had the Delta AmEx. I guess the 5-6 monhts of perfect history on the Delta card helped. Kind of sad I only got the 25k MR offer but I really cant complain. 

I can't wait to put the PRG in my wallet- i always PIF ever month so it should be the perfect card for me. Now, in Septmeber I will be charged an annual fee on the Delta. Should i keep it? I fly Delta almost always but have never really checked a bag and if I need to do that, I can just use the $100 airline credit on the PRG?

The only downside i see in getting rid of the delta card is losing priority boarding... and discounted SkyClub access but i dont use SkyClub all that much either. 

So when it comes time to renew the Delta, should I keep it? It was my first Amex but I wouldn't lose my "member since" date, correct?

1 REPLY 1
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally got approved for AmEx PRG

Hi there, 

Congrats on your approval. In the future you should post your approvals to the approval section. Your additional questions can be posted separately for maximum viewing potential. To answer the easy question; Your member date will not change regardless of whether you close the Delta card or not. Now, should you close the Delta? only you can make that call. If you fly Delta frequently it might be worth keeping, just weigh the benefits versus the annual fee. If your only keeping it for priority boarding you may want to consider how much that's worth. Best of luck in making your choice and Congrats on your approval!!!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.