Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got home from Afghanistan

tag
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

Finally got home from Afghanistan

Hello again, It feels so good to be back. Well, while deployed I applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Continental OnePass, Amex Gold, Discover Card and USAA World MC. I have to say that the Chase Sapphire card is beautiful, the Chase Continental is ok ( it doesn't look as good as I thought it would), the Amex Gold is a nice card too, the Discover card ( black glow) is really nice too, and I got the USAA World MC with the black background and the eagle. It really looks nice too. I read my "Goodbye from Afghanistan" post and I was overwhelm by your support and respect. Like me, there are still many soldiers risking their lives. I will implored you to give them the support and respect they also deserved. Thank you, once again, for your kind words and for making of this forum a real community of friends.
!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally got home from Afghanistan

Congrats on all the new cards! Welcome back home! I am so thankful for your service. My family is heavily involved in the services- Airforce and Navy members. I can't say enough how much the sacrifices you've made are appreciated by me and my family. Wish you all the best in your endeavors here in the States. Thank you!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@HoahCredit wrote:
Hello again, It feels so good to be back. Well, while deployed I applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Continental OnePass, Amex Gold, Discover Card and USAA World MC. I have to say that the Chase Sapphire card is beautiful, the Chase Continental is ok ( it doesn't look as good as I thought it would), the Amex Gold is a nice card too, the Discover card ( black glow) is really nice too, and I got the USAA World MC with the black background and the eagle. It really looks nice too. I read my "Goodbye from Afghanistan" post and I was overwhelm by your support and respect. Like me, there are still many soldiers risking their lives. I will implored you to give them the support and respect they also deserved. Thank you, once again, for your kind words and for making of this forum a real community of friends.

Congrats on your new cards and welcome back!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@HoahCredit wrote:

Glad to have you among us. Welcome back, and enjoy your new cards.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 18
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Glad you made it home. I'll be redeploying this week. If you've looked up in Afghanistan lately and seen a tanker flying around there's a good chance I was in the back. (OK I've been flying mostly nights so maybe you wouldn't see mine LOL - lights-out spec-ops NVG stuff)

I have had the USAA World MC and so far they've been good to me, gave me great CLIs. I have the nondescript dark blue one because I'm overseas a lot and don't want one with a big flag or eagle or F-22 or something that says "look at me, I'm American!"

I also have the Discover More black glow design. Not so great with the CLIs but I'll take what I can get.

I am extremely tempted to get the Sapphire Preferred but I don't know if I can justify the AF - I don't spend a ton on travel because most of my flying is done in a KC-135.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 18
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@LTomBerry wrote:

Glad you made it home. I'll be redeploying this week. If you've looked up in Afghanistan lately and seen a tanker flying around there's a good chance I was in the back. (OK I've been flying mostly nights so maybe you wouldn't see mine LOL - lights-out spec-ops NVG stuff)

I have had the USAA World MC and so far they've been good to me, gave me great CLIs. I have the nondescript dark blue one because I'm overseas a lot and don't want one with a big flag or eagle or F-22 or something that says "look at me, I'm American!"

I also have the Discover More black glow design. Not so great with the CLIs but I'll take what I can get.

I am extremely tempted to get the Sapphire Preferred but I don't know if I can justify the AF - I don't spend a ton on travel because most of my flying is done in a KC-135.

Hello LTomBerry, Well, I'm stationed in Germany so I travel almost every weekend somewhere within Europe so for me the Amex gold and chase sapphire preferred are excellent cards. In regards to the USAA, the one I have is the all in black with the USAA symbol silhouette so it doesn't say much. Also, USAA has been kind to me.... Good luck in Afghanistan.
!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 6 of 18
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

When I read the subject line, I thought I could be the first to thank you for your service.  But I actually fell asleep last night and woke up to see FICO members responding at 2 and 3 in the morning to beat me to the punch  Smiley Happy

Thanks for providing the many privileges we now enjoy!

Message 7 of 18
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Welcome home.  I don't know you personally, however, I want to give you my sincererest "thank you" for all that you, and all service men and women, do to protect our freedom.

Message 8 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

Welcome back and congrats on your card. Deploying is not easy and it's a lot of sacrifices. It does take a toll on a lot of our service members. I may not have seen much ground action since i was on the C-5 in the air delivering logistics to the field but I have seen the best and the worse that being in a war can do to a person. Sacrifices like that should never be forgotten.

Message 9 of 18
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Welcome back and thank you for your service! Those are some pretty nice cards you got there.

My brother is slated for Afghanistan at the end of March..he's in Cali on training right now. It will be the third deployment, but it sure doesn't get any easier. Smiley Sad

Photobucket
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.