Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,621
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Finally got my Target Visa reported Lost/Stolen!!!!

I used my Target Visa on Thanksgiving day.  It might have a chance to get compromised (data breach). I called Target Card Services all day to report lost/stolen. It was busy. I just through the line and I reported the card lost/stolen thru the automated system. It took only a few minutes.  I will be getting card within 7-10 days.

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 9,025
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Finally got my Target Visa reported Lost/Stolen!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

I used my Target Visa on Thanksgiving day.  It might have a chance to get compromised (data breach). I called Target Card Services all day to report lost/stolen. It was busy. I just through the line and I reported the card lost/stolen thru the automated system. It took only a few minutes.  I will be getting card within 7-10 days.

 

Ron.


Hey Ron.  Funny you mentioned this.  I didn't even use my Target Visa during the said timeframe of this breach, they're still sending me a new one...LOL.  I got a confirmation via email.  All my Target shopping was done during early Nov.

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,621
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Finally got my Target Visa reported Lost/Stolen!!!!


FinStar wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

I used my Target Visa on Thanksgiving day.  It might have a chance to get compromised (data breach). I called Target Card Services all day to report lost/stolen. It was busy. I just through the line and I reported the card lost/stolen thru the automated system. It took only a few minutes.  I will be getting card within 7-10 days.

 

Ron.


Hey Ron.  Funny you mentioned this.  I didn't even use my Target Visa during the said timeframe of this breach, they're still sending me a new one...LOL.  I got a confirmation via email.  All my Target shopping was done during early Nov.


Finstar, 

 

I  called to report lost/stolen for safety pre-caution. 

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 9,025
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Finally got my Target Visa reported Lost/Stolen!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

I used my Target Visa on Thanksgiving day.  It might have a chance to get compromised (data breach). I called Target Card Services all day to report lost/stolen. It was busy. I just through the line and I reported the card lost/stolen thru the automated system. It took only a few minutes.  I will be getting card within 7-10 days.

 

Ron.


Hey Ron.  Funny you mentioned this.  I didn't even use my Target Visa during the said timeframe of this breach, they're still sending me a new one...LOL.  I got a confirmation via email.  All my Target shopping was done during early Nov.


Finstar, 

 

I  called to report lost/stolen for safety pre-caution. 

 

 

Ron.


Good call indeed - better safe than sorry and then having to deal with the headache of unauthorized charges.

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,621
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Finally got my Target Visa reported Lost/Stolen!!!!

To all:

 

You won't able to get access account to pay bills and check the balances after you report your card lost/stolen. Your online access will be blocked. You'll see the following message:

 

We're sorry. You are unable to sign in at this time. Please contact Target Credit Services at 1-800-394-1829 for assistance.

 

 

Ron.

 

 

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,621
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Finally got my Target Visa reported Lost/Stolen!!!!


FinStar wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

I used my Target Visa on Thanksgiving day.  It might have a chance to get compromised (data breach). I called Target Card Services all day to report lost/stolen. It was busy. I just through the line and I reported the card lost/stolen thru the automated system. It took only a few minutes.  I will be getting card within 7-10 days.

 

Ron.


Hey Ron.  Funny you mentioned this.  I didn't even use my Target Visa during the said timeframe of this breach, they're still sending me a new one...LOL.  I got a confirmation via email.  All my Target shopping was done during early Nov.


Finstar, 

 

I  called to report lost/stolen for safety pre-caution. 

 

 

Ron.


Good call indeed - better safe than sorry and then having to deal with the headache of unauthorized charges.


I think you're safe. Smiley Happy

 

 

Ron.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.