Senior Contributor
Ron1

Finally got my Target Visa reported Lost/Stolen!!!!

I used my Target Visa on Thanksgiving day.  It might have a chance to get compromised (data breach). I called Target Card Services all day to report lost/stolen. It was busy. I just through the line and I reported the card lost/stolen thru the automated system. It took only a few minutes.  I will be getting card within 7-10 days.

Ron.

Valued Contributor
FinStar

Re: Finally got my Target Visa reported Lost/Stolen!!!!

Ron1 wrote:

I used my Target Visa on Thanksgiving day.  It might have a chance to get compromised (data breach). I called Target Card Services all day to report lost/stolen. It was busy. I just through the line and I reported the card lost/stolen thru the automated system. It took only a few minutes.  I will be getting card within 7-10 days.

Ron.

Hey Ron.  Funny you mentioned this.  I didn't even use my Target Visa during the said timeframe of this breach, they're still sending me a new one...LOL.  I got a confirmation via email.  All my Target shopping was done during early Nov.

Senior Contributor
Ron1

FinStar wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Hey Ron.  Funny you mentioned this.  I didn't even use my Target Visa during the said timeframe of this breach, they're still sending me a new one...LOL.  I got a confirmation via email.  All my Target shopping was done during early Nov.

Finstar, 

I  called to report lost/stolen for safety pre-caution. 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
FinStar

Ron1 wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Finstar, 

Ron.

Good call indeed - better safe than sorry and then having to deal with the headache of unauthorized charges.

Senior Contributor
Ron1

To all:

You won't able to get access account to pay bills and check the balances after you report your card lost/stolen. Your online access will be blocked. You'll see the following message:

We're sorry. You are unable to sign in at this time. Please contact Target Credit Services at 1-800-394-1829 for assistance.

Ron.

Senior Contributor
Ron1

FinStar wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Finstar, 

Ron.

Good call indeed - better safe than sorry and then having to deal with the headache of unauthorized charges.

I think you're safe. :smileyhappy:

Ron.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+