Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got my acceptance/denial letter from GE

tag
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Finally got my acceptance/denial letter from GE

It finally came in the mail today. The letter I had been waiting on to explain to me why GE would give me such a useless limit. As some of you may know, I applied for a Kauffman Tire card issued by GE. They stuck me with a $500 limit. I then called and they bumped the limit up to $600 wich is still no where near what I needed. When you fill out an application for a store card issued through GE, they ask what the initial purchase amount is if known. I put $1000. That would be $800 for the tires and then a small buffer. The letter states: 

We are unable to extend you credit limit to cover the full amount of the merchandise you have selected. However, we are willing to extend your credit limit to $600. Our decision was made based on the following reasons:

Requested amount exceeds bank's lending policy. 

This confused me. When I saw my limit was not going to cover my new tires, my mom applied for one and got an initial limit of $1,600. 

They pulled EQ and these are the typical reasons listed:

-Length of time accounts have been established. << I'll give them this. I'm 21. My oldest card is about 3.5 years old with a 1.5 AAoA

-Number of recent INQ << I'll agree there too. I had 4 on EQ. Too bad they don't pull TU, I have 0 there.

-Ratio of loan balance to original loan amount too high. << I disagree with this one. The only loan I have is a $3500 student loan and is labeled deferred on all reports.

-Number of bank revolving accounts with balance too high. << My sapphire card reported a $230 balance with a 5k limit. The only card reporting a balance. 

And finally. My score has gone up by 1 point. Smiley Happy  I'm at 719 on EQ. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Finally got my acceptance/denial letter from GE

@mmduluth wrote:

It finally came in the mail today. The letter I had been waiting on to explain to me why GE would give me such a useless limit. As some of you may know, I applied for a Kauffman Tire card issued by GE. They stuck me with a $500 limit. I then called and they bumped the limit up to $600 wich is still no where near what I needed. When you fill out an application for a store card issued through GE, they ask what the initial purchase amount is if known. I put $1000. That would be $800 for the tires and then a small buffer. The letter states: 

We are unable to extend you credit limit to cover the full amount of the merchandise you have selected. However, we are willing to extend your credit limit to $600. Our decision was made based on the following reasons:

Requested amount exceeds bank's lending policy. 

This confused me. When I saw my limit was not going to cover my new tires, my mom applied for one and got an initial limit of $1,600. 

They pulled EQ and these are the typical reasons listed:

-Length of time accounts have been established. << I'll give them this. I'm 21. My oldest card is about 3.5 years old with a 1.5 AAoA

-Number of recent INQ << I'll agree there too. I had 4 on EQ. Too bad they don't pull TU, I have 0 there.

-Ratio of loan balance to original loan amount too high. << I disagree with this one. The only loan I have is a $3500 student loan and is labeled deferred on all reports.

-Number of bank revolving accounts with balance too high. << My sapphire card reported a $230 balance with a 5k limit. The only card reporting a balance. 

And finally. My score has gone up by 1 point. Smiley Happy  I'm at 719 on EQ. 

Sorry to hear Smiley Very Happy

GE is quirky too sometimes, it took me the longest time to get a CLI on any of my accounts!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally got my acceptance/denial letter from GE

Well I hope I don't need any car work for a while. Maybe over time the limit will go up and I won't have to worry about it anymore. I'll request an increase 4 months from now. Right now It's maxed out unfortunately but will be paid off in 4 months. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.