Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got the CLIs I was waiting for!

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Finally got the CLIs I was waiting for!

The Amex 6 month mark hit, and I applied for a 3X increase up to $41,500. As expected, Amex wasn't ready to go that high and approved me for $21,800 instead, an increase of $8,300 overall. I'm pretty happy with this increase for now considering the low level of spending I have put through the card. I will post all my stats in the 3X CLI discussion thread in a few hours.

After that was over with, I decided to try my luck with Citi considering I haven't received an increase from them in the entire 8 months I have had the card. I requested a double CLI to $13,000 but they could only offer $1,500 without checking my credit with a hard pull. Obviously I accepted to increase my total credit lines to $51,300!

Best part is that I stayed in the Garden!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: Finally got the CLIs I was waiting for!

Congrats on the CLI's. Did you call Citi for the CLI?
Message 2 of 11
brianjb
Contributor

Very nice increases!

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Nice work SnackTrader!

Message 4 of 11
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@missjae - Thank you! I requested both CLIs online.

@FinStar - Congratulations on your 1,000th post!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SnackTrader wrote:

Thanks SnackTrader... Robot Happy  you know, I had no idea I crossed that threshold until you mentioned it...lol 

Message 6 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

Before I saw this message I called Citi, to make sure they didn't need to do a HP.   They told me that they showed no preapproval and there was a possibility they would need to do a HP.   Since they rejected for me for too much credit in May, and my CLs have gone up, I declined!

When you did it on line, there was a place they offered the $1,500 without a HP?   Last time it just went straight to the pull for me!

If it wasn't useful for the 5x dining and Amazon, I would close it!

Message 7 of 11
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Here's what happened with the Citi CLI...

I put in my information (amount of increase, salary, rent) and pressed continue. The second page asked me to verify my information and told me that Citi may pull my credit history. I have gotten this far numerous times before, but this time I pressed continue. Third page said that they were prepared to offer me $1,500 immediately and that no credit check was needed for that offer. I pressed accept, and the next page had the option to ask for more, which would presumably be a HP. So then I just logged out and went back later to confirm the $8k CL was showing.

Message 8 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
Here's what happened with the Citi CLI...

I put in my information (amount of increase, salary, rent) and pressed continue. The second page asked me to verify my information and told me that Citi may pull my credit history. I have gotten this far numerous times before, but this time I pressed continue. Third page said that they were prepared to offer me $1,500 immediately and that no credit check was needed for that offer. I pressed accept, and the next page had the option to ask for more, which would presumably be a HP. So then I just logged out and went back later to confirm the $8k CL was showing.

Thanks.  My guess is that since I had no preapproval with the rep, I wouldn't get your third page.  Maybe I will try in a few months, just annoying to have a CL that is 50% of my next lowest...

Message 9 of 11
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I had asked for as many data points as I could gather a few months back about who got SPs and who got HPs. The general consensus was that the longer you wait, the better your chances for SP. most of those who CONFIRMED they got an SP CLI hadn't requested a CLI in 4 months or longer (typically more than 6). Now, it wasn't a statistically significant sample, but it gave me enough indication of my chances that I was comfortable requesting today, over 8 months after I got the card.

Unfortunately, your best bet might be to take the HP risk (although that didn't get you very far last time), or keep waiting it out. The 5% categories and the Price Rewind feature continue to make this card worth every single bit of the hassle.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.