cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally headed to the garden.....PayPal SC approval

tag
deluxxxe247

Finally headed to the garden.....PayPal SC approval

Long time lurker first time poster. Approved for $700. I know I shouldnt have apped after the app spree I went on a few weeks ago, but I couldnt resist the urge for one more. Had to call in to answer some identity questions and was approved right away. I plan on linking it with my PayPal debit card.

In the garden until 4/5/14

Capital One Platinum Mastercard $750 | Capital One Platinum Mastercard $850 | Capital One Platinum Mastercard $300 | Chase Freedom Visa $1K | Barclays Apple Financing Visa $1.7K | Merrick Bank Visa $1.4K | Amazon Store Card $700 | Walmart Card $1.2K | Fingerhut $600 | Target Card $200 | TJX Rewards Card $300 | ShopHQ Card $1K | Victoria's Secret Card $750 |PayPal SC $700 |
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Finally headed to the garden.....PayPal SC approval

@deluxxxe247 wrote:

Long time lurker first time poster. Approved for $700. I know I shouldnt have apped after the app spree I went on a few weeks ago, but I couldnt resist the urge for one more. Had to call in to answer some identity questions and was approved right away. I plan on linking it with my PayPal debit card.

Welcome to the forum and congrats 

Now right this way to the garden to grow all the new seedlings you now have 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-October-2013/td-p/2483057

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
jre
Regular Contributor

deluxxxe247 wrote:

Have you looked into upgrading your capital one cards to the quicksilver?

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 3 of 11
deluxxxe247

I have thought about it but no. I have been reading alot about it lately though with my current report idk how I'd fare. The first one I got which is my oldest current card (3 years, 1 month) is still at the $750 it stopped at from credit steps. The second is an Orchard conversion that I've had since 7/11 still at the $300 from approval. The third says no hassle rewards but reports as platinum mc. I have had it since 1/12 and just last month received my first CLI on it, went from $750 to $850. All have perfect payment history, but I have alot of new accounts and INQ's so idk if I would get anywhere at the moment.

Capital One Platinum Mastercard $750 | Capital One Platinum Mastercard $850 | Capital One Platinum Mastercard $300 | Chase Freedom Visa $1K | Barclays Apple Financing Visa $1.7K | Merrick Bank Visa $1.4K | Amazon Store Card $700 | Walmart Card $1.2K | Fingerhut $600 | Target Card $200 | TJX Rewards Card $300 | ShopHQ Card $1K | Victoria's Secret Card $750 |PayPal SC $700 |
Message 4 of 11
jre
Regular Contributor

@deluxxxe247 wrote:

I have thought about it but no. I have been reading alot about it lately though with my current report idk how I'd fare. The first one I got which is my oldest current card (3 years, 1 month) is still at the $750 it stopped at from credit steps. The second is an Orchard conversion that I've had since 7/11 still at the $300 from approval. The third says no hassle rewards but reports as platinum mc. I have had it since 1/12 and just last month received my first CLI on it, went from $750 to $850. All have perfect payment history, but I have alot of new accounts and INQ's so idk if I would get anywhere at the moment.

Check with online chat. They can upgrade you at no cost and you'll be able to enjoy 1.5% cash back. There's no inquiries whatsoever and it won't affect your age of the accounts.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 5 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@deluxxxe247 wrote:

That's a project to work on while gardening for sure SP CLI's are encouraged 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 11
deluxxxe247

Well I tried online chat and got this generic response -

Nikky: Andrew, we appreciate your interest and continued business. We are working to provide the best products to our customers and may have options available in the future. Unfortunately, your account cannot be converted at this time but you’re welcome to apply for a new card product.

Figures lol...her advice-

Nikky: I will recommend you to maintain your account in good standing.
Last text message receivedNikky: Capital One reviewed accounts periodically to check for credit limit increase.

Lol what a joke, I can only hope Chase and Barclay come through with some decent CLI's in the next year so I get rid of these.

Message 7 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@deluxxxe247 wrote:

Well I tried online chat and got this generic response -

Nikky: Andrew, we appreciate your interest and continued business. We are working to provide the best products to our customers and may have options available in the future. Unfortunately, your account cannot be converted at this time but you’re welcome to apply for a new card product.

Figures lol...her advice-

Nikky: I will recommend you to maintain your account in good standing.
Last text message receivedNikky: Capital One reviewed accounts periodically to check for credit limit increase.

Lol what a joke, I can only hope Chase and Barclay come through with some decent CLI's in the next year so I get rid of these.

PM coming your way 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 11
deluxxxe247

Thank you MJ, just fired off an email. We shall see. *fingers crossed*

Message 9 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@deluxxxe247 wrote:

Thank you MJ, just fired off an email. We shall see. *fingers crossed*

Good luck,

Look for a call Monday or Tuesday 

YMMV but rewards are usually added while your on the phone with them. CLI's take a couple of days to process

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.