Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in the Amex Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally in the Amex Club

So I have been working diligently since my last post. After constantly hounding the CRA’s and others my scores are on the move. As of my last post my scores were 07/17/2010 634 TU/629 EF/EX 634 (TU and EF came from myFICO.com). Now I’m at 10/22/2010 683 TU/ 656 EF, and not sure about my EX. Both scores come from myfico.com. So I received a letter from American Express it said I was preapproved so I pulled the trigger, and got an instant approval. That puts me up to five cards now they are:

First Premier $400 after CLI apped 06/01/2009

Orchard Bank $300 apped 02/01/2010

Capital One $750 after auto CLI apped 06/01/2010

USAA Bank $500 apped 07/01/2010

Amex Green Card apped 10/22/2010

I really want to kill those first three cards but that will have to wait, hoping to product change the USAA to a World Rewards card in a few months and maybe in the future I hope to get the USAA Amex.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally in the Amex Club

Congratulations!

You made a huge improvement on your score in the three months.  Well done!  That's paid off now.  Next step ... GARDENING!!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi first timer here. I see you just got a amex card congrats! my question is how? i've been trying to get an amex card but decline decline decline.

My credit score is 715 tu

667equ

? ex

accts as follows

cap1 1000cl zero bal

orchard 500cl zero bal

hsbc discov 500 zero bal 

toyota finc 16k out of 22k loan

hyundai fin 4k lease

1 old collection falls off 2012 paid in full

tribute late few times acct paid in full but not late as of 3 year now i just closed the acct ( this card really sucks)

I watch my credit like a hawk. I want to start getting big boy cards but I have no freakn luck! I also dont want to go inquiry happy either!

any suggestions anyone thx

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

one more question. How you get them or how do they choose you to send a pre approval letter? please explain thx.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

AMEX has a Pre-Approval part of the site:

https://www201.americanexpress.com/cards/DecodeServlet?request_type=login&from=personal

Try and see if that works.  If they come up with an offer call them.  Personally the phone is better for apping IME.  What cards have you app'd for?  How many INQ's do you have?  What reasons have een given for denial? You can always ask them for a recon of they decline.

Message 5 of 15
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@jayman8604 -- I would only close accounts if they charge an annual fee. I know First Premier does -- and I assume that Orchard does as well -- but if Capital One is not charging you an annual fee, I would not close it.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is if you closed the three cards and converted the USAA to the USAA Amex, you would have no non-Amex network cards. Amex acceptance is getting better, but you would still be unable to use your CCs at any merchant that does not accept Amex.

Message 6 of 15
kegman

I am in a dilemma, I have been working on my credit scores and i have improved them from TU 577, EX581, EQ 599 to TU 704 EX 699 EQ 699.  I recently got orchad credit card with a limit of 300, had for 4 months, BOFA credit for 1000.  Just got approved for auto for 25k but have not got the auto.  I recently received amex card pre-approval.  My question is should i go apply for amex or should i wait for a little bit.  I am itching to get the amex.......

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I did what you said to do I Applied over the phone and my app is in process not declined they more info of some kind so they told me to check in an hour. I did systems are down so i'll in the morning if not I'll call. Cross your fingers.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's about freankn time! Well please welcome me to the american express family woooooooo hoooooooooooooooo.

zync card is in my wallet!!

thanks for your help and spend your valueble time helping me get this card. I wasnt able to sleep so as soon as 5 am rolled around. I called, they needed my address verification we called citi bank and walla i'm in the amex family now.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wahooo!!!!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.