Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in with Barclay's!

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally in with Barclay's!

Just though I would share my recent experience also. I applied for the Itunes card by mistake vs. the special financing card and was told I would have to reapply for the other card to get the 0%. Although I also was given 1k limit after calling the backdoor number I decided to stick it out and keep the tunes card for now and build a relationship with them. I actually called the backdoor number to inquire about submitting another app for the special financing. Since my app was e Recent she kindly advised to let the new card along with others I recently opened build for about 6 months then apply. Makes sense, and actually the Itunes card gave me 6 months 0% on balance transfer so between that and my Itunes purchases I am happy with them.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 11 of 22
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

They pulled TU which is my lowest score ( Always seems to work that way) about 3 weeks ago I bought a car and it was a 620 so its somewhere give or take a few points around there. I dont have a BK so im not sure if they are friendly to them. He didnt even ask me about anything on my report he just asked me my income and what I did and then he asked me questions about my job. He seemed interested in it and we struck up a conversation about it and that was it approved.

That was my experience as well.  See post here.  No questions about baddies during recon call.  Only about job, plans to pay down other credit card debt, etc.  Agent asked me how much I was trying to get approved for and that's where the CL number came from (I should have said something higher!).  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 12 of 22
lonnyphillips
Valued Member

That backdoor number you provided is like there executive number, which is different than the credit anaylist, doy you think that also made a differeance in the approval?

Message 13 of 22
mross1080
Established Contributor

It might. The guy was so nice and theres nothing better than calling a number and a real person answers the phone.

Message 14 of 22
Datx
Valued Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

866-750-6031 its the backdoor number I got right from this board.

Cool. I found the credit analyst number instead and gave them a call. I got declined yesterday when I applied for the Apple financing card again. The rep I spoke to was great. He went through my credit report and asked for income. Then asked about a couple of old and past CO's. Explained to him why I let it go to CO status. He then said that I do have a good amount of satisfactory tradelines and he also sees a 5K CC reporting (thank you NFCU) and he asked how much I was looking to spend with Apple. I wanted to say $2000, but only said $1,500 since the recent sucessful recons on the board has been in the area of $1000. And that was it, im now approved for $1500 and get to go shopping at Apple now. Thank you mross and to everyone else that reported their recent suscess on this forum!

Message 15 of 22
creditchild
Regular Contributor

hi mross, i just wanted to thank you, i appd yesterday and was told it was under review.

so i called the backdoor number this morning and same thing happend to that happend

to you. the lady put me on hold and came back so we could go over my credit report. she asked

about the bk and i explained to her what happend,and she said she could approve me for $500.

so i said that whats fine. to be honest i didn't expect the 500! what i'm going to do is wait til i receive

the card then call and see if i can at least get it to a 1000. i just read your post on it reporting on your

file so fast,i guess mine will be reported tomorrow. anyway thanks for all your help mross!!!!!

Message 16 of 22
mross1080
Established Contributor

Congrats! I was actually thinking of calling when I get my card too and tell them I decided to buy a more expensive item and if they can raise mine too. Ill keep you posted. Im only about an hour away from where they send the card from so I should get it tomorrow or sat.

Message 17 of 22
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

866-750-6031 its the backdoor number I got right from this board.

MRoss, I called the 866-408-4064 (credit analyst) number different from yours.  Do you think it makes a difference?  If so, I might call back.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 22
mross1080
Established Contributor

Im not sure. Its worth the try though. The worst they can say is no again. But they could say yes!Smiley Wink Just be super nice to the person and try to strike up a conversation. Make them like you!

Message 19 of 22
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

Im not sure. Its worth the try though. The worst they can say is no again. But they could say yes!Smiley Wink Just be super nice to the person and try to strike up a conversation. Make them like you!

Ok I called and a nice lady answered and I was polite back.  I told her what I wanted and she asked if I had a copy of my credit from today and I said no.  She said I would need that before someone could speak with me.  I don't get it.  I honestly don't think anything has changed since last Wednesday when I got a copy of it.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.