cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally! ... kinda of... Card Ideas?

tag
DBSH
New Contributor

Re: Finally! ... kinda of... Card Ideas?

@Swapmeet wrote:

WF has been stingy from what I've read, so take that with a grain of salt. Call cap 1 eo and ask them to pc you to a no af quicksilver card with a cli.....and go from there. I agree that you should probably wait on us bank....go after pfd on those little collections relentlessly. Perhaps you could get a freedom--if not they are fantastic with recons...that's it, I'm done. GL

I didn't know cap one did any PC. I will try that actually next month (worth the wait I suppose since I will have one less inq)

I am sure there is an EO numbwe available somewhere on this site? Is there any key language that I should use when calling the EO to have better outcome?

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 11 of 24
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@DBSH wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

WF has been stingy from what I've read, so take that with a grain of salt. Call cap 1 eo and ask them to pc you to a no af quicksilver card with a cli.....and go from there. I agree that you should probably wait on us bank....go after pfd on those little collections relentlessly. Perhaps you could get a freedom--if not they are fantastic with recons...that's it, I'm done. GL

I didn't know cap one did any PC. I will try that actually next month (worth the wait I suppose since I will have one less inq)

I am sure there is an EO numbwe available somewhere on this site? Is there any key language that I should use when calling the EO to have better outcome?

I do not have any experience with Cap 1. It seems like people just tell the eo what they want and the eo grants it, counters, or tells you what you need to do.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 12 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@DBSH wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I do not have any experience with Cap 1. It seems like people just tell the eo what they want and the eo grants it, counters, or tells you what you need to do.

Start with email, that seems to be preferred.  Google "Capital One CEO email" and you will get the needed address.

Recently people seem to getting more pushback from the EO.  Since they have added softpull from the website they seem to want you to do that first.   But certainly worth a try.

Message 13 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@msf12555 wrote:

I've never had a WF card, specifically because their rewards didn't interest me.

Wells Fargo has a set of cards that give 5% on Groceries, Gas and Drug Stores for 6 months.   As there is no cap, these cards excite certain types of users for whom they are extremely profitable.   But that approach is not for everyone.

Message 14 of 24
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 will definitely work with you on upgrading to a QuickSilver card.  They just upgraded mine with a email to the EO.

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 15 of 24
DBSH
New Contributor

I have emailed CapitalOne EO yesterday night and they have not reached out as of yet. I dont know if I had the right email, but I emailed Fairbank and have yet to hear. I dont know if thats the right email address. If someone could msg me the right email address if I used the wrong one, I would appreciate it.

I have highlighted that I had the secured card for over two years and wanted a PC to Quicksilver.

I will keep everyone posted

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 16 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

@DBSH wrote:

I have emailed CapitalOne EO yesterday night and they have not reached out as of yet. I dont know if I had the right email, but I emailed Fairbank and have yet to hear. I dont know if thats the right email address. If someone could msg me the right email address if I used the wrong one, I would appreciate it.

I have highlighted that I had the secured card for over two years and wanted a PC to Quicksilver.

You've have the right email but CAP1 won't PC a secured card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 24
DBSH
New Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@DBSH wrote:

Thats unfortunate. I was under impression that they would. I have tried applying for a card in May of last year. I was unable to get a response because "they couldn't pull my credit"  which is bogus because BofA was able to a month prior and the call center wherever they were was completely incompetent. It also cost me two inquiries so even if I can't PC I hope they can help me apply for QuicksilverOne and help me close the secured card

Message 18 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

@DBSH wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@DBSH wrote:

Thats unfortunate. I was under impression that they would. I have tried applying for a card in May of last year. I was unable to get a response because "they couldn't pull my credit"  which is bogus because BofA was able to a month prior and the call center wherever they were was completely incompetent. It also cost me two inquiries so even if I can't PC I hope they can help me apply for QuicksilverOne and help me close the secured card

If you like to share your profile maybe we can help pick a card that you would be able to get.

Baddies 

INQ's in the last 12 months 

Cards now and how long you've had

Any other loans,student loans, cars, home etc etc 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 24
NikoD
Regular Contributor

I have a WF card. I would never get another one and I only keep mine open because it's my oldest card. The rewards aren't that great (except for the first 6 months as has been noted). They won't do any product changes. It's not just my card either, they have told me that they don't do it for any of their cards. What bugs me the most is that they won't take the AF off my platinum card because it is part of my original agreement (from 1997!!) even though people who apply for the exact same card now don't have an AF. They tell me the only solution is to close my account and apply again.Smiley Mad

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.