Did you mean: 

Finally pays off to have multiple Target Store Cards! lol

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally pays off to have multiple Target Store Cards! lol

@rom828 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
 ..........and since I have 4 Target cards that I try to rotate........

?????? 

Sorry to get off topic, but I have to know!

How do you  have more than 1 card for the same store?  Are they all in your name?  Are they all store cards...or  a 'mix' of store and Visa??

I've just never heard of having more than 1 card for a store.  Will all stores let you do this....or is this a "Target' thing?

Creditaddict isn't like the rest of us...  he lives up to his name.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 11 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

Yeah rom it's a uniquely CA thing --don't try this at home Smiley Very Happy

CA- nice savings!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
 ..........and since I have 4 Target cards that I try to rotate........

?????? 

Sorry to get off topic, but I have to know!

How do you  have more than 1 card for the same store?  Are they all in your name?  Are they all store cards...or  a 'mix' of store and Visa??

I've just never heard of having more than 1 card for a store.  Will all stores let you do this....or is this a "Target' thing?

LOL, they are all in my name.  Target was the first card I got when I turned 18 in 1999, then in 2008 I opened one, and then 2 in 2009.  I didn't know I could have so many either, that's why it's kind of been a joke to me to see how many I really can have!  They are also all just the store card and only my card from 2008 got increased from $200 to $1000 last year, the rest have stayed the same always.

Macy's is actually the only other store that I know that you can have more than one card, but only if you have one that is joint, then you get one by yourself... I don't think they will let you have two both just in your name.

Message 13 of 16
rom828
Established Contributor

Too funny, credit!!

They only gave you 1 CLI  but 4 cards!!Smiley Very Happy

I just finally got a CLI  with 'em myself last year from $300 to $1000...but nothing since.  I wasn't included in the last round of increases people were crowing about on this forum

Well, the heck with a CLI!   Maybe I'll just go in there and apply for another card!Smiley Wink

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 14 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

Question, does the target red debit cards also give 5% off? ...maybe you can get one of those too

Message 15 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Question, does the target red debit cards also give 5% off? ...maybe you can get one of those too

Pretty sure it does, but I don't use anything with "debit" attached to it Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.