cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally pc'd from platinum capital one to quicksilver oh how sweet it is!!!!

tag
mxhouse2008
Established Member

Re: Finally pc'd from platinum capital one to quicksilver oh how sweet it is!!!!

A measly 500 it is the rebuilder card that they offered but no longer do got bumped to from 100 dollars to 500 in July they say I have to wait 6 mo but the representative said I had an offer to upgrade my card weird no cli but can upgrade my card should app for a cli but probably will get denied
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally pc'd from platinum capital one to quicksilver oh how sweet it is!!!!

I have a Platinum right now that I've only had for two months. How long do you typically need to hold your Platinum for and what is the usual credit score needed to get upgraded to a Quicksilver (NOT Quicksilver One)?
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a Platinum right now that I've only had for two months. How long do you typically need to hold your Platinum for and what is the usual credit score needed to get upgraded to a Quicksilver (NOT Quicksilver One)?

I PC'd my Platinum to QS MC after my 1st statement cut, but I've heard of some even doing it before. I don't think it's a credit score thing, just depends on if they have that offer on your account when you ask. My DH tried before his 1st statement and it wasn't there. I used the chat feature to do mine. YMMV but I would go for it! 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to be clear here, when you do this it does NOT close the acct and open a new one, correct? Id love to get my cap one AF off my back but its my oldest card at 14 years and I do not want to ding my AAOA just to save $36 a year, especially since I will be mortgage shopping 2 years from now... So I want to be totally sure its the same line of credit with the same history after they make the switch.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, your account remains the same age and history wise.  Your account number stays the same too.  Only thing that changes are the terms to the new card: fees, rewards, etc.  To everyone else and on your credit report, nothing has changed....

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to be clear here, when you do this it does NOT close the acct and open a new one, correct? Id love to get my cap one AF off my back but its my oldest card at 14 years and I do not want to ding my AAOA just to save $36 a year, especially since I will be mortgage shopping 2 years from now... So I want to be totally sure its the same line of credit with the same history after they make the switch.

It is the same account, and the account number doesn't change. It is the same line of credit on your CR.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.