cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally pc'd from platinum capital one to quicksilver oh how sweet it is!!!!

tag
mxhouse2008
Established Member

Finally pc'd from platinum capital one to quicksilver oh how sweet it is!!!!

I have the platinum card which I pay in full every month so today I applied for quicksilver online Declined! So I felt some kind of way and decided to call capital one to see if I could get a recon. Hahaha the credit analyst says you must have app and gotten approved for a card recently I thought about it and yeah I applied for secured card because platinum was only card I have on my profile no other cards. Well something happened because he kept telling me nothing could be done so we got disconnected! So I called right back and got a lady and told her what had happened so she put me on hold and came back to say I have an offer to pc my platinum to quicksilver I was like yep let's do it. So she switched me over and this nice gentleman took over from there and he says I have no annual fee I was in total shock do they offer a MasterCard quicksilver with no annual fee? He said no annual fee ever is this true? I can start using it today to get the cash back until I get my card.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally pc'd from platinum capital one to quicksilver oh how sweet it is!!!!

It's true. The Quicksilver doesn't have an annual fee, but as far as I know is only available through upgrade. It is the Quicksilver One that has the AF.

Congratulations! I PC'd from Platinum also, and I love my QS MC! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally pc'd from platinum capital one to quicksilver oh how sweet it is!!!!

Congrats on your pc! 

Message 3 of 16
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Yes they offer Quicksilver in MC. I have one. Its of my oldest CCs. Cap1 has been good to me and hope that the QS serves you well! Congrats!
My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. You can't apply for it directly. It's the upgrade option for QS1 & Platinum MC.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only get it through an upgrade 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxhouse2008 wrote:
I have the platinum card which I pay in full every month so today I applied for quicksilver online Declined! So I felt some kind of way and decided to call capital one to see if I could get a recon. Hahaha the credit analyst says you must have app and gotten approved for a card recently I thought about it and yeah I applied for secured card because platinum was only card I have on my profile no other cards. Well something happened because he kept telling me nothing could be done so we got disconnected! So I called right back and got a lady and told her what had happened so she put me on hold and came back to say I have an offer to pc my platinum to quicksilver I was like yep let's do it. So she switched me over and this nice gentleman took over from there and he says I have no annual fee I was in total shock do they offer a MasterCard quicksilver with no annual fee? He said no annual fee ever is this true? I can start using it today to get the cash back until I get my card.

The regular Quicksilver has no annual fee. The "Quicksilver One" has a $39 annual fee, but both have the same rewards program. 

I don't blame you for being happy, and congrats. I recently PC'd my girl's Journey to a QS. 

Message 7 of 16
mxhouse2008
Established Member

Thanks everyone! I can't wait for it!
Message 8 of 16
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

congrats that is really great.  if you have a cl that is 5K+ it will prob come as a wmc.  I did plat>qs1>wmc and then venture>qs and combined the wwc into it. 300 > 37300 in 2 years.  not the most direct course but it worked.  maybe something like this is in your future.  what is your cl, now I am curious lol.  have a nice weekend

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! This is the route I took as well. Capital One was very good to me. I feel bad I don't use it anymore since I got the Citi DC. I wish there were a better Venture card to pc to.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.