Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally!!

tag
jrcred
Valued Member

Finally!!

I always read the thread with people saying thanks to this community for helping on their road to credit recovery, but never really thought about how good it felt until I could finally do the same.  Today I got my Chase Freedom, Discover IT and Bank of America Signature Visa cards in the mail, and was able to close the horrid First Premier card and the toy limit Best Buy Mastercard.  That is $138 in annual fees that I won't be paying any more, feels great.

I don't post a ton, but thanks for all the stories, I have learned so much by being a member of this community.  This site has taught me patience, and helped me lay out a road map to get my credit profile together.

My next step is to close my $3k Capital One secured card, and I will be able to do that as soon as the balance transfer clears.  After I close that account, my last annual fee card will be closed, and when I get the money I put into the card back I can pay the entire balance transfer off immediately with almost $2k left to pay down other credit and really put myself in a good place.   Thanks again everyone!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally!!

@jrcred wrote:

I always read the thread with people saying thanks to this community for helping on their road to credit recovery, but never really thought about how good it felt until I could finally do the same.  Today I got my Chase Freedom, Discover IT and Bank of America Signature Visa cards in the mail, and was able to close the horrid First Premier card and the toy limit Best Buy Mastercard.  That is $138 in annual fees that I won't be paying any more, feels great.

I don't post a ton, but thanks for all the stories, I have learned so much by being a member of this community.  This site has taught me patience, and helped me lay out a road map to get my credit profile together.

My next step is to close my $3k Capital One secured card, and I will be able to do that as soon as the balance transfer clears.  After I close that account, my last annual fee card will be closed, and when I get the money I put into the card back I can pay the entire balance transfer off immediately with almost $2k left to pay down other credit and really put myself in a good place.   Thanks again everyone!

Must be a great feeling.  Congrats.

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 2 of 21
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS!!! I agree that this site is very helpful and full of great advice! Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 3 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats ...it is always nice to hear success stories Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your journey.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 21
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 6 of 21
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  Must be a GREAT feeling to be able to finally close those high fee CC's!  And you have some nice new cards to build upon.  Well done!!!

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 7 of 21
BigBS
Senior Contributor

You should feel wonderful about what you have accomplished.  You are on the right path for continued success.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 21
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congrats! Thanks for sharing
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 9 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your success Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.