Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally!!

tag
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally!!

Of all the types of posts on this forum, these are ones I like most.  I've been where you were and it's such a relief to be able to let go of the old rebuilder cards and get ones you've thought about for years.  It takes so much time, effort and a strategic plan.  I commend you for success and may things only continue to get better for you from here on out!  High five!

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 11 of 21
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

As one who's posted one of those success threads, major congrats! It is an amazing feeling coming from instant denials for ANY credit to instant approvals for CLs in the thousands. Also amazing feeling closing down the rebuilder/secured cards!

Gratz again!

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 12 of 21
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

You should feel wonderful about what you have accomplished.  You are on the right path for continued success.

+1

This is definitely a great community and you sound like a solid, worthy member of it. Thanks for sharing your story and big congratulations on your great new cards.

Message 13 of 21
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  It must feel so good to getting nearer and nearer to your destination.  I can see the roadsign ahead and can almost make out what it says.  Personally, I hope to hit the 740 club either this year or early next year.  I too used a lot of advice and tried out a few things here and there to see what would happen.  I didn't always make the best choices, but I have gotten some really good results in the longer term of things.  Now all I need to do is learn patience, which is so hard when you have just about every card you could dream about having.  (I don't dream about the high fee status cards thankfully.)  I certainly don't need or want the BLACK card from Barclays!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 14 of 21
vpae
Established Contributor

@Genkeim wrote:

As one who's posted one of those success threads, major congrats! It is an amazing feeling coming from instant denials for ANY credit to instant approvals for CLs in the thousands. Also amazing feeling closing down the rebuilder/secured cards!

Gratz again!

Well said, agreed.

Congrats OP! And maybe you had a thin file or maybe you were rebuilding, but either way, do treat these new TLs well and they will treat you well in return!

Thanks for sharing and kudos!

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 15 of 21
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Many congratulations, OP!  Reading about your recent successes is very refreshing.  Would you mind sharing your credit scores at the time of your Apps?  Thank you.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 16 of 21
Chris679
Established Contributor

Make sure to try to PC the Cap One to Quicksilver before you close the account
Message 17 of 21
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 18 of 21
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

Awesome news....congrats!

Message 19 of 21
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Congrats.
Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.