Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finallyy got rid of First Premier!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finallyy got rid of First Premier!!!!

After 2 years of paying high fees and monthly charges<, I finally gave FP the boot!!!!!! They had the nerve to transfer me to retention and she tried to convince me to stay by offering me 30 bucks off the annual fee...LOL...no deal!!!! i politely declined and closed it. Annual Fee was due to post tomorrow. It felt good to be in a position to be able to close a credit card!!!!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Finallyy got rid of First Premier!!!!

Congrats!

Good to see you've dumped them.  Sending you to retentions offering $30 off just cracks me up.  LOL

Message 2 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

After 2 years of paying high fees and monthly charges<, I finally gave FP the boot!!!!!! They had the nerve to transfer me to retention and she tried to convince me to stay by offering me 30 bucks off the annual fee...LOL...no deal!!!! i politely declined and closed it. Annual Fee was due to post tomorrow. It felt good to be in a position to be able to close a credit card!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!! Smiley Very Happy (Cue the balloons and streamers falling from the rafters!!!)

I closed an FP card earlier this month and was also transferred to retentions. It's amazing the song and dance they give trying to keep customers -- no other card is going to benefit us the way that theirs will, etc... Good to be moving on to greener pastures.

Once again, congrats to you!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 10
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 4 of 10
minerva
Established Member

Congrats!!

i just did this today as well, man they are aggressive.. felt like i was leaving a clinging, unhealthy relationship lol.. 

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 776
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Theyre like AAA................Use um' for all their worth.........................THEN BOOT EM!!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 10
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

They've served their purpose - now on to better things for you!  Congrats... I bet it feels good! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Message 8 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

I've had both the Gold and the Plat for six years and plan on dumping them both next month. I'm guessing they're not going to take our break-up well!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 9 of 10
witanga
Valued Member

What card did you replace the First Premier card with? I've had two of their cards going on three years and I'm tired of the fees, but one has a credit line of $550 and the other $850, so I'll need to find a card that can equal that.

Starting Score: 535
Current Score: 674
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.