Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial reviews

tag
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Financial reviews

So people keep telling me about the financial reviews... How do they work?
Do they suspend your accounts? When do they do financial reviews? Thanks!
PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Financial reviews

@Gornet wrote:
So people keep telling me about the financial reviews... How do they work?
Do they suspend your accounts? When do they do financial reviews? Thanks!

During an FR they suspend your accounts.  People tend to find out when their card is declined.   The usual procedure is they ask you to fill in a 4506-T which gives them permission to get your last two years returns from the IRS.   If you refuse (as some do, because of privacy concerns) your cards are closed.  If you go through with it, once they get the forms they may have additional questions and ask for more information, such as pay stubs, bank statements etc.

No-one knows what really triggers them, apart fro "concern" with something  that Amex sees in your account and/or credit record.  A change in spending pattern seems a common theme, but a lot of people change patterns and don't get FRd.

Bottom line, very rare and really not worth worrying about.  If it happens it happens, and if you haven't greatly lied on the app (or, for those living dangerously, on your tax returns!), you should get through it OK.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.