Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finger hut

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finger hut

Just received a finger hut magazine in the mail saying I was pre approved for a credit line. What are yalls thoughts regarding getting finger hut? Lots of cool things in there but just looking for yalls opinions.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Finger hut

well....

We need to have a little more info than what you just posted like..

Current FICO scores, do you have any other cards, if so whats their limits and your overall util?? Any baddies??

If you give us a little snap shot of your situation we can tell you if you should forget it, or get it... Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. Ex 611 TU & Eq are 587 2 cap 1 cards 1500 & 500 5 months out of BK
Message 3 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry. Ex 611 TU & Eq are 587 2 cap 1 cards 1500 & 500 5 months out of BK

me personally...I wouldnt get fingerhut..youre 5 months post already, and have 2 cap1 cards. YOu could have a really good chance at Barclays Rewards MC in another 2 -4months. They are BK friendly, and like to see 6 months history reporting on another card first. Id garden a few more months, and get the scores up, (which they will), and try for them. 

Fingerhut is super overpriced, and you are past them already and dont need them. YOu could try the Comenity Shopping cart trick for ONE store card that you would shop at  before getting FH! 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Thank you. I have tried the shopping card trick but I can't figure it out. I will research it some more. Thank you for your advice.
Message 5 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok. Thank you. I have tried the shopping card trick but I can't figure it out. I will research it some more. Thank you for your advice.

sure...its just one persons opinion, but honestly...you really dont need them.  Also..if youre wanting to help with your scores... Let ONE of you CC report a $0 bal, and the other card report 1-9% for optimal scoring.  I always let a 1% report....period...no excepions, but thats just me.. youll gain a few more points doing just this. Yes, huge thread on the SCT...just search the forums youll find your answers on thatSmiley Happy  Much luck to you!!! 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ridiculously overpriced and it doesn't report unless you're carrying a balance. you're better off without them since you've already got cap 1. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have Capital One and don't need fingerhut.  I have a $250 CL with them from a year ago when I was rebuilding (still kind of am, but have better cards now).  I haven't touched it since coming off fresh start and I have Chase, Discover and a few Synchrony accounts to show for it.  

Message 8 of 9
etstrong98
New Contributor

I agree no need for Fingerhut if you just want a catalog type card look at Gettington they have better prices and better interest rates.

FICO EX 811, EQ 821, TU 826
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.