Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut 33% CLD

tag
pembrokepride
Contributor

Fingerhut 33% CLD

Not something I am going to let ruin my day but what gives??? I had a 2.1K CL with them and had a $350 balance was a lot more at one point. I PIF about a week ago to a zero balance and bam new CL 1.4K LOL. My credit scores have gone up my UTIL has gone down a lot and I have used them multiple times. Just another mystery I don't have time to ponder. If this was a real credit card it may have upset me but it is just Fingerhut. I will return the favor by never using them again. No new TL or INQ in over 3 months.

In garden as of 04-06-14 to 12/01/14

Starting score EQ MyFico 646 11/29/13 Current 691 EQ MyFico SW 04/03/14
Starting score EX MyFico 657 12/01/13 Current 686 EX MyFico 03/01/14
Starting score TU MyFico 627 12/02/13 Current 696 Barkclay 03/26/14
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fingerhut 33% CLD

Catalog order companies tend to do this if you are not using the account on a regular basis, I would not worry about it as you have said.

Message 2 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

What Gives???

Hey OP, Magic here. I also have a Fingerhut card account and this has to be a first.
Some quick questions if you don't mind without going into too much detail. Have you used yours occasionally? periodically? only a couple of orders then stopped any length of time?

No serious concern on this end either but curious on the why? of your sudden CL reduction.

Possibly and i'm only speculating with this, but maybe Fingerhut prefers ongoing balances in order to satisfy their profit margins???

Thanks for sharing. I just got a 300 CLI to my 1000 SL added to my account but it's not seen but a single transaction since I've had it back in summer 2013 and to avoid what you just discovered, i might should order a police scanner or something similar (been wanting one) Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 23
NoNonsense
Established Member

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
What Gives???

Maybe Fingerhut just got bought by Barkclays?!?  Cue Twilight Zone music...

Message 4 of 23
baller4life
Super Contributor

@NoNonsense wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
What Gives???

Maybe Fingerhut just got bought by Barkclays?!?  Cue Twilight Zone music...

Smiley Very Happy HILARIOUS!!

Message 5 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@ NoNonsense

Now you know very well that's not so very amusing at all.

Then again you might be on to something Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 23
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

If it was only a week ago that you saw a large CLI, then down again this probably does not apply.

For me, I received a letter last November congratulating me on my new TEMPORARY Credit Line Increase. In order to keep it, I had to spend it (Was $1400.00, temp up to $2000.00). I had no intention of spending anywhere near that amount at Fingerhut so I just scrapped the letter and went on with life. They CLD from the temp $2000.00 to $1400.00 again and of course it looked bad (no matter if it is "only" Fingerhut).

Long story short (too late I know). I called and raised holy h*ll that they had the nerve to report a temp CLI and then CLD it. I was given $2500.00 before the call ended.

Message 7 of 23
pembrokepride
Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
What Gives???

Hey OP, Magic here. I also have a Fingerhut card account and this has to be a first.
Some quick questions if you don't mind without going into too much detail. Have you used yours occasionally? periodically? only a couple of orders then stopped any length of time?

No serious concern on this end either but curious on the why? of your sudden CL reduction.

Possibly and i'm only speculating with this, but maybe Fingerhut prefers ongoing balances in order to satisfy their profit margins???

Thanks for sharing. I just got a 300 CLI to my 1000 SL added to my account but it's not seen but a single transaction since I've had it back in summer 2013 and to avoid what you just discovered, i might should order a police scanner or something similar (been wanting one) Smiley Happy

Used on 9-6-13 for $250 was also used 7-10-13 for $270 and was used a couple of times earlier in 2013. It always had a balance until last week when I PIF then the CLD. I had been getting regular CLI so I found the CLD strange. It maybe as someones says later in this thread that it was a temp $700 increase from $1400 to $2100 now back to $1400 I am going to call and find out and also raise holy hell because it was reporting a $2100 CL. I will update.

Message 8 of 23
pembrokepride
Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

If it was only a week ago that you saw a large CLI, then down again this probably does not apply.

For me, I received a letter last November congratulating me on my new TEMPORARY Credit Line Increase. In order to keep it, I had to spend it (Was $1400.00, temp up to $2000.00). I had no intention of spending anywhere near that amount at Fingerhut so I just scrapped the letter and went on with life. They CLD from the temp $2000.00 to $1400.00 again and of course it looked bad (no matter if it is "only" Fingerhut).

Long story short (too late I know). I called and raised holy h*ll that they had the nerve to report a temp CLI and then CLD it. I was given $2500.00 before the call ended.

I think your on to something. It has been several months at $2100 went from $1400 to $2100 now back to $1400 but like you it was reporting at $2100 so I am going to call also and find out if that is the case and raise hell if it was the case. Funny thing is I get a card from them today with a scratch off 2 free rings worth $50 each and another free gift all for $6.99 shipping makes sense CLD someone and throw then free gifts.

Message 9 of 23
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@pembrokepride wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

I think your on to something. It has been several months at $2100 went from $1400 to $2100 now back to $1400 but like you it was reporting at $2100 so I am going to call also and find out if that is the case and raise hell if it was the case. Funny thing is I get a card from them today with a scratch off 2 free rings worth $50 each and another free gift all for $6.99 shipping makes sense CLD someone and throw then free gifts.

Honestly it was pure luck I opened the letter since I have no balance and chose paperless statements too, I almost threw it away assuming it was an advert!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.