Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut CLI (Missed Call?)

tag
Enyx
Valued Member

Fingerhut CLI (Missed Call?)

Hey All,

I've read over what I can find and from what I gather FH never lets you manually CLI req. I've read vastly diff experiences with auto CLI's with some getting CLI's rapidly and progressively, while others getting none. Not sure how to guage my situation.

I opened an acct 6mo ago @ $180 CLI. paid my order down to 9% immediately and made payments until it was done over 6mo. I've never been offered a CLI.

Literally the day I made my last payment, I missed two calls from them (was at work) and they've never called back since. I tried calling them to inquire why they were calling and the rep had no clue (was hoping she'd offer me CLI). I am thinking they were calling to offer a CLI and I missed my shot! :-/

I've since put something slightly over my CL in my shopping cart and left it sitting but still no email/calls from them still Smiley Tongue

Do they generally call, email, or both when offering CLI by chance?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: Fingerhut CLI (Missed Call?)

wrote:

Hey All,

I've read over what I can find and from what I gather FH never lets you manually CLI req. I've read vastly diff experiences with auto CLI's with some getting CLI's rapidly and progressively, while others getting none. Not sure how to guage my situation.

@I opened an acct 6mo ago @ $180 CLI. paid my order down to 9% immediately and made payments until it was done over 6mo. I've never been offered a CLI.

Literally the day I made my last payment, I missed two calls from them (was at work) and they've never called back since. I tried calling them to inquire why they were calling and the rep had no clue (was hoping she'd offer me CLI). I am thinking they were calling to offer a CLI and I missed my shot! :-/

I've since put something slightly over my CL in my shopping cart and left it sitting but still no email/calls from them still Smiley Tongue

Do they generally call, email, or both when offering CLI by chance?

My experience with Fingerhut started with a "Freshstart" account in 07/2014.  I charged about $45 and paid it off in full in two months. They immediately graduated the account to a regular revolving account with a limit of $200. Spent about $75 on it, paid in full and within 3 mths they increased the limit to $400. I noticed that each time I made a charge and paid in full I would get automatic increases.

After using it for holiday spending in 12/2014 and paying in full by the end of February 2015 they increased me to $900. After that they randomly gave me increases about every 4-6months until I reached a limit of $1900 in 2016. I did make two larger purchases on the account during that time  span (around $300 each, which is large to me for fingerhut) and usually got an increase immediately after paying it off.

I never buy from them unless it is "free shipping" because the overpriced items become outrageous with shipping fees included.

I paid the account in full in early  2016 and every since then they have offered me what they call "temporary increases" ranging from $300 to $800 with the requirement that in order to keep the increase I had to charge up to the amount of the offered increase before their expiration date. Yeah, right!! Anyway, I let all those "temporary increases"  expire. My limits  would be reported at different amounts each time, up and down...but never lower than my real limit of $1900. This past holiday season they offered another "temporary increase"  of $800. I waited for the free shipping day, ordered a 10 pack of socks and paid it off as soon as the $10 charge posted. They pulled back $750 of the temporary increase but I got to keep $50 of it. So now by limit is $1950 and my balance is ALWAYS zero with them. 

And yes, they will sent you an email, postal letter and call just to let you know you have received a credit limit increase. The increases always showed up whether I answered their calls or not. Maybe, in your case, they were calling to update your income information before offering an increase. Believe me, they WILL call back at some point. They are my oldest account and I like having the $1950 limit that I know I will never allow to report any utilization so I keep it open. Hope this helps.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have never heard of them calling for a cli. They are usually automatic through periodic use of your account. They helped me start my tebuild and i for one am grateful for that. Youll never get FH bashing from this average joeSmiley Wink. Lol, like previous poster, they started the temporary limit increases game with me and that was my que it was time to move on and i did. Finished with a limit of $1800. Remember to use FH as a springboard to better credit offerings, no need to hang on to it when the time comesSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
outofcredit
Established Contributor

wrote:
I have never heard of them calling for a cli. They are usually automatic through periodic use of your account. They helped me start my tebuild and i for one am grateful for that. Youll never get FH bashing from this average joeSmiley Wink. Lol, like previous poster, they started the temporary limit increases game with me and that was my que it was time to move on and i did. Finished with a limit of $1800. Remember to use FH as a springboard to better credit offerings, no need to hang on to it when the time comesSmiley Happy

True, they never called me for the cli's but once the were given they blew up my phone, inbox and postal mailbox to inform me of the increases and to encourage me to buy SOMETHING. AJC, wish I was brave enough to close mine...lol.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i hear ya on them letting you know they increased the limit. I got tons of letters. With no af, i can understand not closing it but whenever you get to a point that you want to cut back on cards or make room for a new one, it should be considered first as it already got you to the next leg of your credit journeySmiley Wink
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.