Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut CLI

tag
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

Fingerhut CLI

So today I get this letter in the mail from Fingerthut. It says I have qualified for a special "temporary" CLI of $300 (bringing my total to $1000) 

I can make the CLI permanant by making $300 in purchases by 5/31/2012. 

HA! overpay for $300 worth of merchandise just to get a perm CLI. I don't think so. The ONLY time I shop Fingerhut is when they do their 50% off clearance sales. 

I got the card right after my BK because it has no AF and reports every month. It has served its purpose. Maybe it is time for it to go? They will report my new limit (it will look like I got a CLI) then they will report the old limit after I make no purchases (it will look like I got a CLD) Should I be concerned about that?

WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Fingerhut CLI

i closed mine out yesterday, not worth it anymore. I would axe it if you dont need it anymore.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Sounds like one of those fee based platinum cards.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Hammer23 wrote:

So today I get this letter in the mail from Fingerthut. It says I have qualified for a special "temporary" CLI of $300 (bringing my total to $1000) 

I can make the CLI permanant by making $300 in purchases by 5/31/2012. 

HA! overpay for $300 worth of merchandise just to get a perm CLI. I don't think so. The ONLY time I shop Fingerhut is when they do their 50% off clearance sales. 

I got the card right after my BK because it has no AF and reports every month. It has served its purpose. Maybe it is time for it to go? They will report my new limit (it will look like I got a CLI) then they will report the old limit after I make no purchases (it will look like I got a CLD) Should I be concerned about that?

That is too bad. I got mine after id theft thought it was good but after i got credit and can buy anywere else with my credit cards i dont need them. I cant bleave one year ago i that it was a cheep place. lol. Now i have two gift cards and even with that it is sill pricy!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.