Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut CLI!!!

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Fingerhut CLI!!!

Not usually noteworthy...except that this Christmas I used them a bit ($150 worth of stuff on a promo) and paid them off promptly.

Result: $200 CL to $2,000!!!

I didn't even know Fingerhut offered CLs that high...perhaps they are hoping for a lightning strike a second time and a larger purchase Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fingerhut CLI!!!

do they even offer anything with decent prices? last time i checked the website out the prices were out of the world.

Message 2 of 7
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

do they even offer anything with decent prices? last time i checked the website out the prices were out of the world.

No, I think things are over priced and very high shiping prices.

Message 3 of 7
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

while I do agree they are overpriced, they are a great way for people who are just starting out or rebuilding to enter their "fresh steps program"

It did report to 2 out of 3 of my CB.

Had I had know that I would not have paid the darn thing off before I even got the merchandise. But it did add another installment account where it showed the payments were made ontime.

I had the DH sign up and we got some un-needed but needed stuff for the kitchen.  I will be smarter with his and pay 15 or so per month. He does not have anything on his CR besides two cards.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS on the CLI CC!!

FH is pretty much a rebuilder card, if you can get approved for better do it. FH is very overpriced and also does not report to EX.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
princechristian
Regular Contributor

You said you used the card during December? So when did they raise your limit? I have card with them, just got recently with low limit. Was thinking of paying off quick and definitely will if chances are good they will increase limit. If they just raised it for you then that would be the standard 6 month periodic review that initiated the CL increase.

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Message 6 of 7
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I was in the fresh steps program.. Paid the item off before I received it.. They opened me with 200 limit after the 90 day review.. Used it once to get my son and DH sketchers.. They gave me another increase to 300 recently.

Now my DH opened his with the fresh steps of 125. I paid that off over 2 months they instantly flipped his account to 200.00.

No rhyme or reason to it

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.