Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut axed

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Fingerhut axed

So FP, Credit One, and Fingerhut have fell to the axe to make way from prime cards. Will wait for what Cap1 does with my subprime HSBC Household account before I make the decision on that one.

Feels so good!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Jimmy9224
Contributor

Re: Fingerhut axed

Congrats!! I would love to cut my capital one cards but they're my oldest accounts :/ damn AAoA! Lol
Congrats again on your primes!
My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 2 of 22
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Way to go LS now youve taken away all the things amex might cry over !!!!! Did ya see credit karma 710  todaySmiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

Way to go LS now youve taken away all the things amex might cry over !!!!! Did ya see credit karma 710  todaySmiley Very Happy

WTG!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 22
Jimmy9224
Contributor

Congrats on the score Annie!!
My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 5 of 22
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Thanks Ls Thanks Jimmy lets all hold our breeath in 45 days when I get the FIco fingers crossed!!!!!HAPPY Hour Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is fingerhut? I'm not up to date on all these new products Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 22
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

So FP, Credit One, and Fingerhut have fell to the axe to make way from prime cards. Will wait for what Cap1 does with my subprime HSBC Household account before I make the decision on that one.

Feels so good!!!

You are smart to wait on your HSBC account!! I can't wait to see too, you never know what will happen untel it happens. I have an Orchard Bank card myself.
Message 8 of 22
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Fingerhut is definitely not a new product; it's a mail/online company where you can order various things...very slow to give CLIs (I don't believe you can ask for one, either; but I'm not sure).  I have a Fingerhut account that was opened in 2004 with a starting CL of $225, and as of today, it's over $2,000.  I would close it, but it's my oldest reporting TL.

Edited to add: They do report to the CBs...in case you're wondering.

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 9 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fingerhut is definitely not a new product; it's a mail/online company where you can order various things...very slow to give CLIs (I don't believe you can ask for one, either; but I'm not sure).  I have a Fingerhut account that was opened in 2004 with a starting CL of $225, and as of today, it's over $2,000.  I would close it, but it's my oldest reporting TL.

Edited to add: They do report to the CBs...in case you're wondering.

They only report to EQ / TU. Not EX.

I would have kept them but I felt like they were holding my credit report down to prime lenders.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.